CSi (BMW Classic Parts) patch panel

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Kind of a strange question, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Has anyone used the repair panel from CSi (BMW Classic Parts) :
A-040 Quarter Panel Forward Repair Patch

It is for the front section of the quarter panel (ahead of the wheels and behind the door, at the rocker panel level)

I'm basically looking for a few pictures and rough dimensions so I can start to plan how much of the existing metal to cut out.

Thanks in advance.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
CSi

Just had a bad experience with Ben Miller, as a lot of other owners have. Takes a long time to ship, sends wrong item and quantity is short, doesn't reply to e-mails, finally get him by phone and says to return item. I have return receipt, no response, finally says refund credited to Paypal and two weeks later no refund. His eBay BMW Classics site has been down for over a month. Since 45 days have passed, Paypal says sorry, too late to file a dispute. I think his tactic is to delay everything to get past the 45 day dispute limit. Look at his eBay fedback, pretty bad.

He is apologetic on the phone but if he were sincere he wouldn't treat his customers like this. I look forward to seeing him at Concorso this August.

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
I have had similar, unrepentant and poor shipping/service issues. haven't been back, can't be bothered.
That was 3 years ago, alot of parts have been purchased since, but not from him/they.

k

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one.
I wasn't sure if I should order through Jaymic or go with a US supplier.

I ordered one through Classic Parts, basically before the negative reviews recieved above. It looked bigger, and thought it would be quicker.

3 weeks and counting...

matphill

Reaction score
I ordered one of these from Jaymic a few years back. No problems with the order but this part is of very poor quality. I spent ages cutting and re-welding it to try to get it to fit. In the end I threw it away and made one by hand. It was easier than I thought and gave a much better result.