CSL bonnet/hood and boot/trunk panels for sale in UK

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Considering it’s a hood and two trunks.....still ok! Last used Alu hood sold a few weeks ago for 4900€!
Now that Bmw has acknowledged that the Alu hoods will not be available any time soon, the market is going nuts.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last Aluminium bonnet I no of sold in the UK for just over 7k, 18 months ago !!!
The buyer needed it because his Csl came with a steel bonnet

Who dares wins .. the auction !!!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
6.1 Grand £ and three days to go. Serious heartburn for CSL owners who have no choice.....

frogisland

Reaction score
An intrinsic part of the value of a CSL though. I've noted a few CSL's advertised/sold/auctioned over the years with steel bonnet/bootlid. I was offered £10k (plus!) for the aluminium bonnet and bootlid that are on my race car 18 months - 2 years ago (and whilst in immaculate condition, the bonnet is now modified for a centre wiper and the bootlid has holes in it for the rear spoiler....just hope they never get damaged)

Another thing to consider is that my aluminium panels did not come with the car...and there was some fettling with my fenders to get them to fit.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So do we start a sweep stake ;) on what they will fetch (assuming they don't sell outside of ebay)...£9.5k?

Sweep stake great idea ...
I think going on the offer you recieved for your bonnet & bootlid of 10k plus 18months ago these parts will sell through eBay or before the auction ends for abit more .. because the seller is selling 2 bootlid’s

frogisland

Reaction score
As all too frequent, they may well end up sold outside of ebay. I sometimes think items are listed for too short a period on ebay to get the audience items require. Would Facebook have been a better site for advertising? No association, just curious.... just in case of the HIGHLY unlikely situation i find one in a shed or garage:rolleyes: (my bootlid was 'found' in a garage...well it was actually thrown in (along with 2x new original CSL fenders) when an old colleague of mine went to collect an ebay bought restoration CSA).

frogisland

Reaction score
Curiously, just looking at how much i paid for mine, bonnet £1300 mid 2012, bootlid £900 mid 2014 and aluminium door hinges £70 mid 2013. When did aluminium door hinges ever get sold?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
How does one find 2 OEM front Csl wings !!!

A Csl bonnet bootlid and 2 Csl doors where sold for 2k in 2005...

frogisland

Reaction score
Bought a car, went to collect and there was several £k of parts sitting there that the seller then included for nothing...including ally bootlid (which is now on my car) and original old stock panels including 2x wings (with the BMW stickers). Would have been 5-6 years ago, Bolton/Bury area. Vaguely remember the wings being sold for a tidy sum a few years back (private sale).

....in 2005...when everything was not worth much. 2008, looking at 964RS's @ c£28-30k, let a friend persuade me that LHD would be a pain....and those (several) half hearted attempts at buying CSL's (and reasonable ones at that) at £1ok, those were the days.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So do we start a sweep stake ;) on what they will fetch (assuming they don't sell outside of ebay)...£9.5k?

I spoke to the seller today and asked him how much he wants to end the auction early , friend is interested in buying these parts

Seller has a buyer coming to see the parts today , to check the condition and if they are OEM,
Price has verbal been agreed over the phone between 9/10k
Sale will be ended early

Frog island..I think You win the sweep stake , unless bids go higher than 10k midnite today

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
As all too frequent, they may well end up sold outside of ebay. I sometimes think items are listed for too short a period on ebay to get the audience items require. Would Facebook have been a better site for advertising? No association, just curious.... just in case of the HIGHLY unlikely situation i find one in a shed or garage:rolleyes: (my bootlid was 'found' in a garage...well it was actually thrown in (along with 2x new original CSL fenders) when an old colleague of mine went to collect an ebay bought restoration CSA).

Is there actually a difference with CSL fenders? I didn’t think there was any differenciation vs. all E9s fenders? Or are they different grade lighter steel, like the CSL roofs are.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Or are they different grade lighter steel, like the CSL roofs are.

The whole Csl external structure, front wings, rear wings, nose, rear panel are all of thinner gauge sheet metal, yes, comparable to the roof..... unlike the standard E9‘s.
Alu parts are hood, trunk, door skins, door hinges and rocker covers and headlight covers.

Last edited: