CSL For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Werks

Reaction score
Chassis number 2275375. True light weight, not a city pack car, in original fjord blue color with low mileage. Original no rust engine bay/motor w/ all factory decals still intact. Aluminum front (with original and extra set of hood pins) and rear deck lids and doors w/ fixed glass side and rear glass (not plexiglass). Original factory radio delete car. Complete interior restoration done w/ correct factory materials from Germany. Many, many, many NOS parts and trim to bring the car up to excellent cosmetic and mechanical standards. New special lowered Bilstien suspension, exhaust, and brakes. Receipts for over $30K in parts alone purchased in the last 2 years! The offering price is $87,500.00 and this car will be available for inspection after April 15th in Edgewater, FL which is just 15 minutes south of the Daytona race track and international airport. Please email for additional photos and information to: [email protected]

9Werks

Reaction score
Chassis number 2275375. True light weight, not a city pack car, in original fjord blue color with low mileage. Original no rust engine bay/motor w/ all factory decals still intact. Aluminum front (with original and extra set of hood pins) and rear deck lids and doors w/ fixed glass side and rear glass (not plexiglass). Original factory radio delete car. Complete interior restoration done w/ correct factory materials from Germany. Many, many, many NOS parts and trim to bring the car up to excellent cosmetic and mechanical standards. New special lowered Bilstien suspension, exhaust, and brakes. Receipts for over $30K in parts alone purchased in the last 2 years! The offering price is $87,500.00 and this car will be available for inspection after April 15th in Edgewater, FL which is just 15 minutes south of the Daytona race track and international airport. Please email for additional photos and information to: [email protected]

chicane

Reaction score
9Werks said:

So what are you a dealer?

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3817&highlight=

chicane

Reaction score
9Werks said:

So what are you a dealer?

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3817&highlight=

9Werks

Reaction score
Yes, I am a State of Florida used car dealer specializing in Vintage Porsches. I sold a rare RS to a gentleman and delivered the car to him in person and picked up his '76 Turbo trade. Once we completed our deal he asked me to help him sell and/or purchase a portion of his collection. The CSL is one of the cars that I am to sell and it will arrive to my shop later this week. Here is a link to my ebay ad for the Turbo I took in trade to give you a feel for what I represent and the condition of the cars within this person's collection: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...308023709&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT&viewitem=

9Werks

Reaction score
Yes, I am a State of Florida used car dealer specializing in Vintage Porsches. I sold a rare RS to a gentleman and delivered the car to him in person and picked up his '76 Turbo trade. Once we completed our deal he asked me to help him sell and/or purchase a portion of his collection. The CSL is one of the cars that I am to sell and it will arrive to my shop later this week. Here is a link to my ebay ad for the Turbo I took in trade to give you a feel for what I represent and the condition of the cars within this person's collection: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...308023709&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT&viewitem=

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love those 930s - we called them and the normally aspirated 911 the yuppie killers here in the 80s as so many done good city types bought them and got put into the hedge by the rear end overtaking them.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love those 930s - we called them and the normally aspirated 911 the yuppie killers here in the 80s as so many done good city types bought them and got put into the hedge by the rear end overtaking them.

RonP

Reaction score
Here are some pictures that John sent me to post for him:

20090222_IMG_0155.jpg

20090222_IMG_0156.jpg

20090222_IMG_0160.jpg

20090222_IMG_0161.jpg

20090222_IMG_0165.jpg

20090222_IMG_0167.jpg

eastsideM3

Reaction score
chicane said:
eastsideM3 said:
Looks like a city pack car to me...

+1. And these are far less valuable than the standard CSL's.

It is an early injected CSL if the VIN is correct. A "true" lightweight as advertised, should have all the lightweight bits, alloy panels, plexi windows, fiberglass front and rear bumpers, no tool kit, etc.

eastsideM3

Reaction score
chicane said:
eastsideM3 said:
Looks like a city pack car to me...

+1. And these are far less valuable than the standard CSL's.

It is an early injected CSL if the VIN is correct. A "true" lightweight as advertised, should have all the lightweight bits, alloy panels, plexi windows, fiberglass front and rear bumpers, no tool kit, etc.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Metal overflow tank, and later-style nose? the other bits mentioned are all add-ons or removals...what I would look for are seam welds in the front bulkhead engine compartment panel (firewall edit on either side of the VIN stamping), and especially what might have happened to the rest of the car if/when the nose needed to be replaced.

For north of 80 ANY L s/b either excellent original (unrestored) or well-restored, these pics to my jaundiced eye look like neither, specially when others are selling for 1/3 this asking price.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Metal overflow tank, and later-style nose? the other bits mentioned are all add-ons or removals...what I would look for are seam welds in the front bulkhead engine compartment panel (firewall edit on either side of the VIN stamping), and especially what might have happened to the rest of the car if/when the nose needed to be replaced.

For north of 80 ANY L s/b either excellent original (unrestored) or well-restored, these pics to my jaundiced eye look like neither, specially when others are selling for 1/3 this asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.