CSL on BaT - 2nd time around

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
NMNA

m5toureg

Reaction score
…. and it also still is a RHD CSL city package, i.e. a 3.0 CSi “in disguise”
with a - due to the circumstances at the time - a CSL VIN……long story…
…as you know….(?)

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey, you are taking about my favorite CSL model the step-child "City Pack" as I like to call it. Yes, it does not have aggressive, over-the-top flares and wings. The City Pack is more understated, subtle with nods to the Bat Wings but still showing off the lines and curves with more subtle stripes and fins. Just my opinion.
Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
…as you know….(?)

I’ll be honest, I find this routine comment irritating. What CSL do you propose that UK enthusiasts drive? A LHD lightweight?

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
…as you know….(?)
Erm. I wouldn’t call it a CSi in disguise. It’s a CSL with options for a market that appreciated them.

Plus nothing wrong with RHD

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
With only 20 miles put on it since the sellers purchase I'd take a guess they weren't enjoyable ones
Went to the drive thru, got frustrated as he was on the wrong side and couldn't lean over due to the Scheels. To top it off the cashier at the kiosk asked why he had bought a rhd csl as it was basically a csi in disguise. Went home, parked it up and left it there.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It was a mess the first time around so I can understand why it is for sale after one year.
I think this csl needs you to restore, and spend little more and make it left hand drive, I don't think it is to hard of a job for you to make it left hand drive.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
…as you know….(?)
This oft repeated statement, is just not correct As a respected site on E9s, I would hope we could do better people

No CSL is a CSI in disguise - period.

m5toureg

Reaction score
@Markos @tferrer @vince @rsporsche @BMW Pete
A ,horse is a horse’ defined by DNA and a ,CSL is a CSL, defined by the VIN. Agreed.
But THAT is NOT my point.
-

Last edited:

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Markos @tferrer @vince @rsporsche @BMW Pete
A ,horse is a horse’ defined by DNA and a ,CSL is a CSL, defined by the VIN. Agreed.
But THAT is NOT my point.
-

Really? You want to die on the same hill again :D That thread already put the sword to arguments that RHD City car's aren't CSL's.

stcos85

Reaction score
anyone seen this car in the flesh. I still havent got around to fixing up my CSL and open to other options if the price is right as this may be a quicker fix

stcos85

Reaction score
The condition of every component under the car scares me, it has not been well cared for.
most of the UK cars when I owned mine back in the 90's/2000's weren't well cared for. driven on the salty roads and just parked after using them

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think this csl needs you to restore, and spend little more and make it left hand drive, I don't think it is to hard of a job for you to make it left hand drive.
I know of a RHD CSi that was converted to LHD. The owner could have sold the RHD & bought a LHD easily. He did it the hard way spending tens of thousands to do the conversion. It's much more complicated than many people think. He could have bought a completely restored LHD CSL for what he ended up spending on his CSi.