CSL on the cover of October Classic Cars

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful 1973 silver batmobile on the cover under an article titled "21 Classics to Buy Now". Inside, they spend 6 pages with beautiful pictures waxing poetic about the CSL. Long story short, in small print at the end, they say that the owner, a Mr. Gus Van Riessen, is selling the car and that if you email [email protected], they will put you in touch. It's a left hand drive and looks amazing.

Also, found an article titled "Living Legend" in the April 2007 issue of Performance BMW that deals with a 1971 Safety Yellow Schnitzer GP2 CSL. 8 page article with gorgeous pictures and a detailed history of the car.

Man, English mags are really focussing on the csl. US magazines to follow soon?

John H.
no CSL......yet

corsachili

Reaction score
I concur. Waxing poetic is a great description. I make a habit of purchasing and saving literature that concerns vehicles that I own. I'll have to go back to check but I think that the CSL on the cover is the same one that was in an issue of Octane a year or so ago........oh, maybe I'm wrong, that one might have been white.

Anyway...............cool story, and definitely required reading for any E9 owner/enthusiast.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I picked up a couple a magazines for our vacation earlier this summer. I was pleasantly surprised when both had articles on our coupes.

Hemmings Motor News-August 2007 "The basis of the Bat" page 50

Bimmer Magazine-October 2007 "The Old Ones" page 73, Classic coupes command cash.