curious catalog

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi, today introducing a curious catalog, teile katalog, ersatzteil...etc

apparently not published by BMW, but a group of dealerships in Germany

it includes rare parts for CSL and Batmobile, and ALPINA

as Fiberdash for racing, the safety cage, Scheel and Recaro Seats, spoilers, racing decals, but also engine and general decals,...

very curious book

does anyone have more details or info about it ?

regards

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
44F563CA-E780-4EA3-8965-03761CBCA664.jpeg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
indeed,...

i see here the turret reinforcement bars, and safety cage

scheel 100 and frames and covers

different momo steering wheels

electric mirrors

spoilers

perforated brake discs

fiber dash and heck spoilers

sfety racing seatbelts

wheel arch covers

Reactions: m73

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have those Schroth racing harnesses (item number 12 in the safety belt picture) in my car.

It is really interesting to see these in a BMW catalog because the first time I toured VSR, Mario Langston and I had a discussion about Schroth's reluctance to see them installed in US BMWs. Based on my research at the time, they were the safest possible replacement for my 40 plus year old lap belts: new webbing, installed at factory anchor points, anti-submarine design and modern yaw sensors/tensioners.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
when i bought the red CS in Germany it had also those Schroth belts.
Only pity , that the belt on top go's not straight , but to a anchor point in the hat shelf's corner.
There were the auto tensioners , so that the lap belt part was always half my chest after some driving :)

IMSA-CSL

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, this catalog comes from a company that sold classic E9 parts a few years ago.

Not at the time when the vehicles were up to date.

Meanwhile, the company no longer exists, I think. I will check if I can supply the name of the company.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
when i bought the red CS in Germany it had also those Schroth belts.
Only pity , that the belt on top go's not straight , but to a anchor point in the hat shelf's corner.
There were the auto tensioners , so that the lap belt part was always half my chest after some driving :)
Yes, mine attach there as well and I do occassionally tug on them to bring them back down, particularly after I check my blind spot when making a right hand turn or lane change. I usually do this by grabbing the harness with my left hand near my neck and pulling down. I also find I can limit this problem by keeping the lap portion relatively snug. And I like that I can freely move forward with them (the tensioners don't lock unless the yaw sensors sense a collision). In my e39 sedan, I often am prevented from attempting to quickly reach anything that requires me to lean forward enough to lift either of my shoulder blades off of my seat. The Shroth adjustment is a minor thing compared to the abrupt lockup of the newer BMWs.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't you those pages were likely copied from factory parts books? Private parts dealers don't usually have professional artist doing sketches of parts and the associated nuts and bolts etc... I'd like to see the original books...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't you those pages were likely copied from factory parts books? Private parts dealers don't usually have professional artist doing sketches of parts and the associated nuts and bolts etc...

Definitely. It is a mashup of factory sketches, photos, and crude drawings (look at the cage and strut brace).

I'd like to see the original books...

17A4F57A-26DD-4FF4-9B87-56C5AED45757.jpeg

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
The steering wheel picture dates it a little later than "in period". Definitely a great resource! Like the cover for the Scheel seat.