Dashboard Defroster Vent Project

aguirola

Reaction score
We are continuing our fibreglass production of parts NLA, this time, the defroster vent for the dashboard.

This is the 1st half of the mould. It came out very nice, the original was very complete, but very delicate.

Please let me know your thoughts, as I understand there is a demand for the vents.

Regards, Alberto
IMG_5301(4).jpg

aguirola

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people like the project.

Does anybody think we can just glue the 2 halves together, or are rivets preferred?
Worse, I can find 'hollow button rivets' , but possibly too anal, and adds to the expense,
drilling, riveting, spinning the rivets. etc.

I would appreciate an opinion or... two.

Regards, Alberto

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people like the project.

Does anybody think we can just glue the 2 halves together, or are rivets preferred?
Worse, I can find 'hollow button rivets' , but possibly too anal, and adds to the expense,
drilling, riveting, spinning the rivets. etc.

I would appreciate an opinion or... two.

Regards, Alberto
Hi Alberto,
I need this parts I take the dash out and it is broken how long will take to make a extra set for me

aguirola

Reaction score
We are working on the Right side vent moulds. Four moulds, four parts for an assembly set.
It will be at the end of May when we will have a few sets, as we are also working on the E3 and E9 elephant skins.
Possibly, sending the vents might not be too expensive, will enquire.

As an aside, I travel for business, only try to help lessen your costs, and it is too hard to travel twice, to deliver to the USA :)

3 sets have been spoken for thus far, I would appreciate seeing a show of hands for an initial production batch,
as I don't want to overdo it.

We cannot determine the correct price yet, until the production amount warrants a reasonable price.

It takes as long to make the vents as takes to make the a set of bumpers, (naked, without fixing points) maybe 2 hours less.

Still, as a labour intensive part, I need your help so the more requests, the lower the price.
And, the more requests, the sustainability for the project is the result.
Once we have a price, and if acceptable, we can be starting on teeny deposits and make a spreadsheet with all your coordinates.

Thank you all for the appreciation of this new project.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Now we have the 1st prototype. Please see the photos. No rivets just glued together.
The result is great, super sturdy, could not make them in gelcoat so paint it is.
Monday they will be painted, and see the results.

Regards,
Alberto
IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now we have the 1st prototype. Please see the photos. No rivets just glued together.
The result is great, super sturdy, could not make them in gelcoat so paint it is.
Monday they will be painted, and see the results.

Regards,
Alberto
View attachment 141827

View attachment 141828
Hi Alberto, please send me 2 set how much I should send it to you