Day 2, Fisted by fuel injectors

corsachili

Reaction score
Were it not for fuel injectors my CSL would probably be running this evening. After spending the entire day continuing to reassemble the car I was eventually let down by my newly cleaned/rebuilt fuel injectors. It seems that the place that cleaned and flowed them put new caps on them. The new caps won't fit in to my intake manifold. There is an interesting detail with regard to fuel injectors. Some have these plastic "pencil caps" while others don't. Unfortunately, the caps determine the type of o-ring that goes in to the intake manifold, and the o-rings for the "capless" injectors are hard to find. Needless to say this extremely frustrating and a total bummer as I was looking forward to getting the car running this weekend.

If anyone in the Bay Area has a set of fuel injectors they'd like to lend/sell me, I am looking for a set as the ones I have are actually not the right injectors for the car anyway (another long story, but essentially another example of a previous owner thinking they were doing something cool when actually they were screwing things up). I believe the car would run with these injectors, but there is a chance that they are the root of the problem I've been having.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

John W

Reaction score
May Have Some

TJ,

I believe that I have a box of all of the D-Jet parts either at the shop in PA. If not there, then Terry knows where they are.

Bad news is the shop is closed until Tuesday and I am in Idaho.

John