Decent 73 by goog

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How do Albert's ebay listings work? I don't see the "reserve not met" note, which leads me to believe this is a no reserve auction. This car is 98 vehicles earlier than mine, same original color, and similar mods (triple webers). I don't care who is selling it - at the current bid I am on this car like cat on nip.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
How do Albert's ebay listings work? I don't see the "reserve not met" note, which leads me to believe this is a no reserve auction. This car is 98 vehicles earlier than mine, same original color, and similar mods (triple webers). I don't care who is selling it - at the current bid I am on this car like cat on nip.

If he doesn’t get the price he wants he will shill bid it higher than your offer or kill the auction. Also, you don’t have to honor a winning bid.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you mean that the seller doesn't have to honor a winning bid? Or the buyer?

Both. Ebay Sales are not legally binding. A buyer or a seller can back out. The worst that can happen is that your reputation gets dinged. If you do it all the time, eBay can disable your account. Then you need to create a new one and sell some stuff to yourself and your friends to boost your reputation. You can sue the seller and lose in court after paying your legal fees. Good times!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This lowers my opinion of humanity (even more). And, I sense that you speak from experience. Hope you didn't get burned by a non- selling seller.:D

David Levy

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've actually driven this one. It's a Salvage title, and the thing felt like it was on life support. However, it did drive me around the block a few times. Would be fine for a restoration but beware the Salvage title, they didn't have much info on why. Will need some TLC. I was spooked by the info they didn't "seem" to have.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Salvage titles doesn't mean much w/these old cars.

Back in the day, 70s/80s/early 90s, these cars weren't worth much so a $1000-dollar repair on a $2000 car wasn't worth it for insurance companies. Could have easily been just a minor fender bender; not necessarily a total wipeout w/frame damage, etc.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another scam sale on EBay, he has multiple accounts he uses to bid up his own auctions. If he inflates price high enough he sells it to an unsuspecting high bidder, if not he relists it over and over again until a sucker falls for his scam. Same few fake bidders that continue to win the auctions that get relisted yet Ebay sees him as a model seller.What a disgrace to the coupe community.