Door and Window Opening Trim

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Going to start installing all the metal trim pieces that finish the Door and Window opening, (mostly at the head). The parts and intallation manuals do not get into any of the details. Lots of pieces too many screws. I have also noticed some whitish grey material that looks like a seal or caulk. Do I need to put that back? Any assistance, guide, instruction or trick are really appreciated. Just want to get it right.

nimble_n_quick

Reaction score
I don’t have a “procedure” to recommend for reassembly, but I did document how my coupe came apart. Hopefully the following pictures will help:

Rivets connecting the front visor trim and headliner:
DSCN1463.JPG

DSCN1464.JPG

Jamb, showing the door seal with felt insert:
DSCN1466.JPG

DSCN1465.JPG

Jamb, showing door seal and trim joint fitment:
DSCN1467.JPG

Under-seal trim (held on by screws, front):
DSCN1468.JPG

Under-seal trim (held on by screws, rear):
DSCN1469.JPG

P.S. There is a grey silicone-like gasket material (possibly seam sealer or caulk?) that holds the trim to the jamb. I plan to use a similar compound during my reassembly.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't forget the ends of the (no doubt) very fragile dashboard (the top piece) fit into indents in the trim pieces that hold the headliner in place....

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Windshield trim photos

nimble_n_quick,

Unfortuneately, I didn't spend much time documenting the disassemby of my coupe.

Do you have any pics of the windshield trim (rubber and chrome) in various stages of disassembly??

They would be very helpful as I attempt to install my new windshield.

Thanks

02coastie

Site Donor
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread as I don't see a specific answer to the question. With regards to the first layer of window trim which is screwed to the body around the window opening, is it appropriate to put some sort of caulk or sealant on prior to assembly? Mine had varying amounts of butyl rubber tape. It seems smart to use something, just interested if there is a "proper" method. Thanks!
1586209538569.png