Door brakes

E3AV

Reaction score
Could I use door brakes from an e12 on my e3? Is there any difference? I need new brakes for the front doors.

E3AV

Reaction score
Yes I know, but some listings on ebay and such claim door brakes fits both E3, E12 and they look pretty similar.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
but some listings on ebay
Yeah, I’d consider the source. I’ve recently gotten incorrect parts from other places like FCP and ECS that have compatibility listed incorrect. I always use the parts diagrams here and try and do my own due diligence (which is really helpful for me, since I have no idea what I’ve doing :D).

Reaction score

Dowst

Reaction score
I have door brakes that I will sell, if you’re interested

stphers

Reaction score
What about using the Mercedes ones, they are like the old style ones. Use them all the time on 2002's The only issue is that allow the door to open way more and I have to make and out in a 13mm spacer between the door brake and the inner door shell. Still opens more than the original but does not touch anything Oh and they are only about 17 bucks

Thanks, Rick

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
What about using the Mercedes ones, they are like the old style ones. Use them all the time on 2002's The only issue is that allow the door to open way more and I have to make and out in a 13mm spacer between the door brake and the inner door shell. Still opens more than the original but does not touch anything Oh and they are only about 17 bucks

Thanks, Rick
Also put on the 2002 and ordered 2 for the E9 from europarts+ https://www.europartsplus.com/ for $6.84 each.
PS I see they are also RMEuropean and they have the same price.
1670185879102.png

Last edited: