Door Lock Mechanism

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Im looking to replace a driver side door mechanism. The action unfortunately seized up and made it unusable. Any leads would be appreciative.

The part is listed in Wallothnesch as 41/12/10

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    342.3 KB · Views: 142

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. Just went through my assortment of door parts and if the photo is of the driver's side, unfortunately I only have the opposite passenger side.
I will keep searching.

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Hi. Just went through my assortment of door parts and if the photo is of the driver's side, unfortunately I only have the opposite passenger side.
I will keep searching.
Thanks for searching! Let me know if you find anything.

Nick

stphers

Reaction score
Did you try soaking it in some rust removal solution? I have tried that before and it cleaned up the mechanism enough that I media blasted it and it worked fine after that Sorry, having an old age moment and can't remember the name of the solution Wait, it is Evaporust

Thanks, Rick

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I cleaned the old grease off of mine by putting it in my cheapo parts washer with Tractor Supply PSC 1000 solvent. Works great. Yours looks brand new, except for the hardened grease.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one if you need it. $40.00 will get it to you if you want it. Just PM me.

Looks like you're missing two springs.

Ed G

m73

Reaction score
That is a good deal -- I also believe other BMW's should fit -- maybe someone has list of other models that fit o_O

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I am going to try the 50/50 solution that Koopman mentioned and then if it still has trouble I will PM Ed about the one for sale!

I am aware of the missing springs and have some other mechanisms to use as reference for purchasing. I would love some other online store suggestions, but will probably just look into McMaster right now.

Appreciate the help,

Nick