E3 accellerator pedal

E3AV

Reaction score
I’m in the process of restoring my 69 2800, and among other things I had to replace the floorpan on both driver an passenger side. Some PO has welded a plate to the accelerator pedal rod so it looks just like the brake or clutch pedal. The original pedal bracket on the floor was rusted away.
So this seems to have been a quick fix at the time.
So now I want to fix this the way it’s supposed to be.
Both the pedal and bracket is missing.
Could someone help me with som measurements? The right placement of the bracket and the size of the bracket itself?
Will the later style pedal fit with the matching type of bracket?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Search on the E9 side, I had the same question. You can get a ballpark location by looking at the carpet and see where the cutout is for the pedal base. Also, I bought a new bracket from Jaymic

E3AV

Reaction score
I’m thinking of fabricating a new bracket myself. Could you please help me with the size of the ball pins? And the distance between them? (I don’t have the pedal yet)

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of my July 1971 3.0 Bavaria...

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5728.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5746.jpeg

My micrometer is an inexpensive one and I'm an inexperienced measurer, but between the pins looks like about 51mm. The pin heads are about 5mm in diameter. The pins are about 17.5mm tall from the base to the top of the round part.

You may want to get both the E9 base from Jaymic as Bob suggests and the pedal from W&N. Both the E9 and the E3 use the same pedal. That way you won't have to go by my poor measuring. You may have to modify the base slightly for the E3, but it looks close.

I would attach the new pedal to the pedal linkage and to the base, then place the whole assemble in place until it looks and feels right. Tack down the base and make sure you get full throttle movement at the carb and that the pedal feels like it is at the right angle....then weld.