E3 bites the dust...

Mike Goble

Reaction score
21616060_10210289859227578_4645033253236429394_n.jpg

Happened in Michigan this morning - a car turned left in front of him.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting car, looks like it has been on some rally's. What a shame. Japanese front plate but LHD. I wonder what that was all about? Looks like it was just at The Vintage. Hope the driver was ok. As long as they had their seatbelt on, by the looks of the front windshield they did, they hopefully walked away with no major injuries. That is why these cars are so great. If that happened in a vintage Porsche, no motor up front to take that impact, it would be a different story, I guarantee it! That is some major front end damage! RIP ol' Bav!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, sad. This is one of those old cars really appreciated by the owner. Used like it was bred to be used, out there and competing in the crazy dangerous anarchy we call today's traffic. I too pray any occupants not hurt.

jmackro

Reaction score
This is one of those old cars really appreciated by the owner. Used like it was bred to be used, out there and competing in the crazy dangerous anarchy we call today's traffic.

Looks like the impact was quite severe - notice the buckling above the right rear wheel. Unfortunately, that car cannot be saved.

This is the risk of using classic cars for daily driving. The other driver was probably in a leased vehicle and viewed this incident as an opportunity to upgrade to a newer car.

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just awful.
I saw this car The Vintage 2017. Owner had to make some repairs on the trip but he made it to Asheville, NC.
Car had some interesting electrical and mechanical mods if I remember correctly.
IMG_0455.JPG

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, he's ok...he posted it up on the E3 Facebook page...sucks. thinks he was going maybe 55 or so when new driver made a left turn from a side street in front of him... Still, pretty amazing how well it handled a crash like that..solid car, indeed..RIP.