E3 selling at Copart San Jose today...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like they pulled that out of the sewer. Poor car. Hate seeing that.

All things considered, it looks pretty good to me. It looks like it was sitting somewhere for a long time but it doesn't look like it has a lot of water damage. "Donation" means it was probably on the side of a house and the family wanted it gone. At least someone considered putting paper in the carb intakes. :)

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
if I ever get another E3, this is what I want. 60s, carbs and a shifter. I like that center console too!

Sans the poop!

Last edited:

ayiakis

Reaction score
Aghhhhhhhh! I need some of those parts bad....... anyone know how to find out where car goes from there? Looks like no bids..... not the dreaded crusher I hope! Am fairly local, in Sacramento.

Alex

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can call the copart lot and see if it was sold first. If not, I'd offer $100 over scrap weight and see if they'll give it to you.

If it's sold, it'll be pretty hard to find out who bought it, that's not something they share without legal assistance

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll see what I can find out. Donations are sold through a different department than insurance cars so sometimes we can get more info..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The link is still active and they're rerunning the car tonight in the "Nightcap" auction. They do this sometimes if they think they can get a little more for the car. Its currently at $175 but may have a higher proxy bid. If anyone is interested let me know how much you would want to be in the car... selling price + fees + towing + $100 broker fee (the only way I can justify buying it through my work). Count on fees and towing to be around $400 so add $500 to the selling price. It adds up fast. At the current price you'd be in the car $700.

jefftepper

Reaction score
There is a reference to the location being the "San Martin Sub Lot" For those unfamiliar with the reference to San Martin (pronounced "Mar-Teen"), that town is between Morgan Hill and Gilroy which is about 20-30 minutes south of San Jose.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a reference to the location being the "San Martin Sub Lot" For those unfamiliar with the reference to San Martin (pronounced "Mar-Teen"), that town is between Morgan Hill and Gilroy which is about 20-30 minutes south of San Jose.

Yes, I suppose I could buy it for someone that is willing to pick it up there. That would save some towing cost, which I was factoring to Sacramento.

ayiakis

Reaction score
Hi Dang-
I am totally willing to go pick it up, am also happy to cover your broker fees, etc. I just need to bid on on it. I can meet up with you face to face if that helps, I am just down in Sac, I see you are in Rocklin. For some reason I am too incompetent to message you directly. Perhaps you can email me at [email protected]?
Regards,
Alex

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've put in a bid for someone that wants to put it back on the road. If they get the car and end up parting it out I'll have them post here...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
"The Turd" has arrived. but after seeing it in person it's not much of a turd. It doesn't start but it turns over like it has compression. It has a cracked oil pan so there's no oil in it, so maybe it's good that it doesn't start. Looks like someone might have put a jack under the pan so the engine is still a question mark until checked out. The chassis is amazingly solid. The only rust to speak of is on the rear wheel arches, the front inside corners of the hood and some slight issues at the bottom of the doors. The underside of the car is very very solid, even the spare tire well. Here's the first set of photos, more to come...

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picking it up by a forklift probably didn't help the oil pan much...... Hope your friend gets it back on the road, looks very doable.