e9 csi Coupe for sale (immaculate}

psychrunner

Reaction score
Well guys. Very unfortunately for me, I am placing my 1972 csi coupe for sale. I will try to post pics, but those of you who know the car, know how well done it is. The restoration was completed April of last year (2008) @ a price tag of $50,000 in labor, not including parts. Total cost of restoration is at $70,000, Matching numbers car, with only 113,000 km on the clock (qround 70,000 miles). Beautiful paint and interior, rechromed everything. Pics can be seen immediatley by doing an author search (psychrunner) and viewing my post dated last April entitled "coupe pics are up". I have all receipts of restoration and parts. Car has won Best of Show at two very well attended car shows here in the Tidewater, VA area, and has won best in class at two others, Taking into perspective of where our coupes are currently valued, I am asking $38,000 with little wiggle room due to the what I have in it.
Psychrunner (Randy).

DSC00372-1.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

psychrunner

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to both for combining and linking. I'm not terribly computer savvy. Or should I say I am terrible savvy. Anyhow. Some changes to the original pics. Car now has the larger fan blade (black) to help it stay cool. Works great. Trunk is completely redone with new elephant skin. Yea, I should probably be asking more. The car is nearly perfect.
Randy

psychrunner

Reaction score
Don't know about this

Took the coupe out for a spin this evening. Don't know about this sales thing. You know, it isn't particularly "fast", but it is a great driving car (obviously I reflect on that more now that i have posted it for sale). I just bought a 2007 550i. Now that car is fast. But the coupe in some ways is more fun to drive. We'll see what happens.
Randy

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Randy,

I'm unable to send you a PM so can you please contact me about this car if it's still available?

Thanks,

Luis

simoniko

Reaction score
The CS

Very good shape and line the car has !
Good luck with the sale , the price seems to be fair even low ,knowing the costs for restoration and the time and labour needed !
I regret seeing such cars for sale , i can only hope that the new owner will desrve it !

Simeon

psychrunner

Reaction score
thanks Simeon

Thanks for the compliment on the car Simeon. It is indeed a beautiful car. I will miss her when she's gone (sounds like a country song).
Randy

Last edited:

psychrunner

Reaction score
Car is sold

A fortunate buyer from Iowa now is the owner of my E9. He is very excited about the car, and I know will take good care of the car. I will check in on the site from time to time. Thanks for all your support.
Randy

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Glad you were able to sell your car. I read every thread you posted and found hard to believe that you were selling after going through your restoration. It is a car I would have bought instead of going through my own restoration. In fact, if I had a little more money it would have been nice to have to csi s in the garage.
Good luck to you and I hope the new owner appreciates what a little gem you sold him/her.
abe

iowa e9

Reaction score
New Owner

I am the proud owner of this outstanding example. I feel very fortunate to have found it. Thanks to Randy for doing such a great job with the restoration. And thanks to this site for helping me find it!

I bought it sight unseen (which is not typical for my personalisty) and I have not been disappointed. I did check it out nine ways to Sunday from a distance by talking to the people that did the restoration, viewing many pictures of the restoration, and by talking to one of the people who judged it in one of the many car shows that Randy entered it into.

It's been a joy to drive and admire. Here's a picture of it here in Iowa

Attachments

• P1010243.jpg
    P1010243.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 278

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats Randy and "Iowa" (sorry I don't see your name anywhere). As someone searching for a very nice coupe, I'd love to see detailed photos documenting this very nice example and what must have been an arduous labor of love leading up to its final restored condition. Maybe over the slow winter months you could post a set on Picasa or Flickr; just a thought.

Upset99

Reaction score
Hi, Newbie

I think you got a VERY nice car at a very good price. You get an extra bonus, you should only have to spend a few hundred a year in maintaining her (at most) for years to come. Mechanics LOVE working on these cars because they are so simple especially if you have the carbuarted version. Be sure to garage it, avoid driving her on wet roads and if you have never owned a Classic Car before, be sure to buy Classic Car Insurance. It will cost you about 1% of value which is nothing for full no deductible insurance.

I am sure you have noticed that you get alot of looks in the car.