DSC01569.JPG
DSC01570.JPG
DSC01571.JPG
DSC01572.JPG
DSC01573.JPG

Sebs

Reaction score
Hi Keshav,
I thought that the clock works of course. (Maybe there are others dont work but MY clock will work of course!)
But far from it - I've just tested it and the clock looks still beautiful but the clock hands dont move. Maybe the guy in the clock has slept for too long time and he needs some time to go back to work so I'll try it later again. I hope he didnt die. Then I have a nice clock I'll keep and put it in my showcase at home and wont tell anybody it doesnt work..

Thats really too bad. I dont know much about old clocks.. Now I've searched a bit about the old clocks problems... anyway, I'll goon later.

I have another one of these clock, now I'm frightened to test it!!!

Thanks Keshav, you saved me from selling a broken clock. And others from buying a broken one.

Btw, anyone out there who needs a clock that has been working sometime? :-D

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you saved me from selling a broken clock. And others from buying a broken one

Hi Sebs,
that was the whole object of the exercise. These old clocks are known to give up after so many years and invariably need some servicing, which can get costly.
Lots of E9 and other old timers use the services of the link (Germany) attached and you’ll see what a refurbished clock costs as compared to the other refurbished instruments from the same shop.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I may be interested in purchasing the non functional clock, taking a risk that the part I need to make mine work is not what has failed on yours.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
my clock didn't work and it was a pretty simple fix
They have a built in fuse
There are 2 tiny connectors that are soldered together with low temp solder
You can tell if that is the problem by holding the terminals together with a toothpick or something an putting current to it
If that is the problem, you re-solder and it is fixed
I took mine to an electronics repair shop and had them do it, they charged me $25
I didn't take any photos but you can find on the web

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my clock didn't work and it was a pretty simple fix
They have a built in fuse
There are 2 tiny connectors that are soldered together with low temp solder
You can tell if that is the problem by holding the terminals together with a toothpick or something an putting current to it
If that is the problem, you re-solder and it is fixed
I took mine to an electronics repair shop and had them do it, they charged me $25
I didn't take any photos but you can find on the web
Sadly, mine was not the fuse/easy fix. Over the years it would stop, I would twist the knob/dial a couple of times, it would run. But the running times decreased and decreased and, well you know. Purchased a completely refurbished clock here. Now the challenge is removing the old, in with the new. Another winter project.

If anyone is interested in purchasing my non-running clock PM me. We know it is something more complicated than the fuse.

Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
These are all very fixable. Mine is on the way back from Seattle Speedometer. I know that other folks that have had good luck with their local offerings also.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
How does one open this? Mine has a lot of dust inside so I want to remove the bezel and glass but it does not seem intuitive and that's all I got to go by.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeas to open, for the mechanism, 4 very small nuts on the back
I would be careful removing the bezel, not unless you have to
Is that where the dust is? visible when you look at it?