E9 Owners Age Group

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
E9 Owners Age Group????

Just curious as to the age group of E-9 owners. I bought my car when I was 29 and now am 35 but feel like most owners are well into their 50's and 60's. Are there others in this forum that are in my age group??? A few shows I have gone to I have been hesitant to strike up conversations with other e9 owners because I almost felt I wouldn't be taken too seriously because of the age gap. I am sure this is not the case as everyone seems very nice on this forum but it is something that has held me back from being more involved.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will skew the numbers. 71. I am fortunate to know half a dozen "local" coupe owners in their 20s and all the intervening decades. I became a serious coupe lover when I saw my first one when I was 23. Don't hold back. You are missing out on a life-changing experience.

Steve

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
The wisdom of the aged and the enthusiasm of youth.

My sympathy on your age and early acquisition of the e9 which gives you twice as many years as I have (60) to lavish $$$$$ in pursuit of the Ultimate Driving Machine. You have also been rewarded with the opportunity to be in the same league as Murray and his Bluemax in terms of mileage.

If I can talk to my kids I can probably talk to you. There is a willingness to share on this site that is rare.

Doug

gwittman

Reaction score
I don't think age is a part of the equation when it comes to camaraderie among auto enthusiasts. I am 65 and bought my first Coupe (a 67 2000 CS) when I was 29. I bought my current 2800 CS when I was 33.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
53 now, but first got interested in getting a CS in my mid twenty's, and finally got my first 72 3.0CS back in 1988 when I was 29. Bought my current coupe back in 2002 at age 43. It has been one long love affair with the sexy coupe (2)!

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was about 24 when I bought my first rust bucket....uhh, coupe I mean. Since then I have had three more, each less rusty than the last. Guess that means I am getting smarter as I age (39).

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The best way I can put it is that we are mostly dinosaurs.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It depends

I was 37 when the coupe fell into my lap. I just turned 39 and have still only driven it less than 10 miles total. I'm hoping it's home for good and in my own garage by the time I'm 40. As for the dollars spent, I'm hoping that with experience and wisdom by burn rate will go down. I said hoping.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As long as you are enthusistic about coupe ownership, age makes no difference to me. I bought my first coupe when I was 22 in 1985 and it was my daily driver for 2 years. With marriage and 2 kids it took me 23 years to finally get another. I 'll be 49 for another month and hope to keep this car till the bitter end.

Last edited:

steve in reno

Reaction score
I purchased my 2800cs in 1983, at the age of 33. I had never seen such a beautiful car.
It is in much better shape than when first purchased.
Approx 100k less miles than blumax, but not in that caliber of quality.
I will turn 63 in 6 days. Murray would call me a sprout.
Most of my friends are 20-40 years old.
Age means nothing. Except when crawling under the dash or body to repair the coupe.
Just means I move a little slower than some and dare the others to keep up.
reno

waynesie

Reaction score
Im 40
My CS is 39

Has been on my would-love-to-own list for 20 years

Bought mine last year when I finally realized I needed to stop just looking.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm 47, I bought my coupe when I was 38. I remember seeing my first CS one day while I was out jogging when I was 19, I knew then I had to have one.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Doesn't matter much, does it? Trying hard not to sound too much like Barry Meguire, but car hobby crosses many boundaries.

I'm 59. My first ride was a 1970 2002 back in 72 . I lusted after coupes the way kids today drool over M series. Couldn't afford one back then. I'm now living the dream.

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wanted a coupe since I was 15. Settled for a 2002 at 16. Finally purchased my coupe when I was 40. Now 42.