E9 sold $170K

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
This one went up for sale in Australia recently for $170,000 AU. Sold very quickly.

Pretty sure it's Ceylon not Tundra.

Attachments

• Tundra E9.jpg
    Tundra E9.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 250

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
How popular are coupes in Australia?

By popular do you mean prevalent? Hard to say, maybe 70 to 100 or so. They keep emerging from garages. I suspect that quite a few have emerged to undergo restoration because the increased values justify it. Not many were delivered new here so many, if not most, of the resident cars are imports from RHD countries.

If by popular you mean popular then that's also hard to say. Most people don't know about them, however they seem to be universally admired once seen.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
By popular do you mean prevalent? Hard to say, maybe 70 to 100 or so. They keep emerging from garages. I suspect that quite a few have emerged to undergo restoration because the increased values justify it.

If by popular you mean popular then that's also hard to say. Most people don't know about them, however they seem to be universally admired once seen.
Compared to same era collector cars, I know they love American muscle cars.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Car is Ceylon. No bolt left unturned in restoration. Worth every penny considering a tired CS needing a load of work went for 74k on the hammer plus add ons here a couple of months back.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Compared to same era collector cars, I know they love American muscle cars.

Well some of us do. I would call it close between Euro, Brit and American with classic Japanese getting stronger all the time. Viva la difference, oui?
Have yet to see much from Indian or Soviet era collectibles, like an Indian Premier Padmini or a Russian Gaz M23, ( the KGB version ). By rights I should get me one of those, even though they did leave off a Z. Two zeds would have been capitalistic and ostentatious I suppose.

Last edited: