eBay: 38cm Petri Sport Wheel with e9 hub

Wladek

Reaction score
1. Incorrect horn button, probably rebuild old Raid with added BMW emblem from e21.
2. Hub & cover is not E9, just E10 with added hand made custom ring.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Wladek
For educational purposes, how did you determine that the hub and cover aren’t from an E9?
The horn ring and horn button, at a second glance yes.

JohnP_02

Reaction score
1. Incorrect horn button, probably rebuild old Raid with added BMW emblem from e21.
2. Hub & cover is not E9, just E10 with added hand made custom ring.

Interesting. Do you think it is one of your contact rings? If so, what’s the problem? It’s pretty easy to determine if it’s the correct longer e9 hub or the shorter 2002 hub. I admit the horn button looks a bit odd, but again easy to verify as the Petri symbol would be on the back of it if it’s real. I’ll try to reach out to him for verification. Definitely would like to help verify all this. Thanks Wladek. John

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe the horn ring is made by German forum member, brass ring is flat, scales aren’t so prominent.
This is one of Waldek’s rings, attention to detail.....
AD7E4216-C084-49EA-AA75-01300C8A50C2.jpeg

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks to be the correct e9 hub, but fitted with the shorter 02 plastic shroud. The horn contact ring appears to be at the same level as the edge of plastic or protruding a bit beyond it. Should be seated slightly below bottom edge of plastic cover. The original Petri acrylic horn button seems to be removed altogether and replaced with something else.

Wladek

Reaction score
Interesting. Do you think it is one of your contact rings? If so, what’s the problem?
It's not mine.
It’s pretty easy to determine if it’s the correct longer e9 hub or the shorter 2002 hub.
Looks to be the correct e9 hub, but fitted with the shorter 02 plastic shroud. The horn contact ring appears to be at the same level as the edge of plastic or protruding a bit beyond it. Should be seated slightly below bottom edge of plastic cover.
Actually yes, it might be longer e9 hub, but with shorter 02 cover it will not work at all, gap between steering column & hub cover will be to big to look even near to proper.