facebook

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if anybody on this forum is friends with me on Facebook, do NOT open any recent message or friend request from me ... i did NOT send it. three friends have received things, and 2 were friend requests (and we are already FB friends.

be careful out there guys
scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew - had one that facebook said was very strong, but i got hacked. changed it to an even longer / more complicated one ... and it was a facebook only password. we shall see. the old one was over 16 characters.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
The friend request scam is not that your account was hacked, but someone has taken your public photos and created another account with your info. They then send friend requests out to your friends list hoping some with accept. At some point in the near future, they may message your friends saying you are out of the country and had your wallet stolen and could they send you (them) just $100 or so to help you get going again. There are several other scams along these lines.

And it never hurts to change your passwords. I'm doing that now, going down the whole list. It takes some time to do them all, but it's been a while.