More great feedback for deQuincey

loloe13

Reaction score
purchased quite a few minor parts from DeQuincey in recent times, he was great to deal with, friendly, quick to reply emails.

BUT then, there were problems with payments. Not because of the seller, but the banks. To cut a long story short, the banks in between decided to take a nearly 20% cut on the international wire transfer payments. I even tried to cover that fee with another payment but then the banks took another 20%... was a bit of a nightmare in the end.

I was quite impressed when DeQuincey actually took on part of that cost himself (which was totally not his responsibility) and still sent the items as planned. The items were safely packed and arrived in a decent time.

I THANK YOU ! Arsenico! :):)

Gavin

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
If PayPal is not available try Xoom.com next time. Very low fee (~$5) and competitive exchange rate. US Banks have usurious rates for banks transfers that are routine in Europe.

loloe13

Reaction score
Another fellow member also recommended xoom.com to me before, but unfortunately xoom.com is only set up for sending money from US to other countries, not available for sending money from Oz.

The rate seems great though!

You guys are very lucky!

Bwana

Reaction score
deQuincy is THE MAN!!! Just got my tool box screw set from him, complete with detailed instructions no less.

Many many thanks! You can't imaging how frustrating it is not to be able to buy something as simple as metric sheet metal screws here in Imperial Measurement Land. But deQ solved this for me!!!

Well Done and a big Thank You!!!!

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
We all know what a valuable member of the Forum DeQuincey is, with his exhaustive photo guides and advice.

His knowledge, supply and help with hard to find parts equals his enthusiasm online. I've recently bought a beautifully restored gear knob from him (with 100% satisfaction) and just today have received an expertly crafted (by his own hand) bulb holder for my steering column. Not only are the parts of excellent quality and execution, but they arrived with comprehensive written instructions over 2 pages for fitting.

DeQunincey - you are a star. Thank you once again for helping me out

FastCougar

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of e28 rear door motors to replace the fronts that strip in my father's e9 coupe. I managed to triage the passenger's side original window motor by completely disassembling the nylon gear "puck" and flipping the gear on the center stud since only half the teeth were stripped, so now the bottom half is the top half. Unsure of how long this would last and with the car for sale, I figured I'd get these and install them if the car doesn't sell soon as a bonus for the eventual future owner. Long story short, DeQueincey's communication through the process was outstanding, with him emailing me pictures of the product as it was pulled, AFTER he had cleaned them (better than parts counter received) and even the box as he shipped it at the postal center. It took a little while, but considering it was coming from Spain to WV-USA, less than 2 weeks via postal service was faster than I expected. Great packaging and the contents were as advertized ... now to install them ... thanks buddy!

Adam

Reaction score
deQuincey fabricated a fire extinguisher mount for me that attaches underneath the front passenger seat. It fit perfectly & even came with step-by-step instructions. It looks so good, it's as if it had been made by BMW. Actually, it looks BETTER than anything BMW made for our cars, because it isn't rusting!

Thanks, deQuincey!

-Adam

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
deQuincey fabricated a fire extinguisher mount for me that attaches underneath the front passenger seat. It fit perfectly & even came with step-by-step instructions. It looks so good, it's as if it had been made by BMW. Actually, it looks BETTER than anything BMW made for our cars, because it isn't rusting!

Thanks, deQuincey!

-Adam

thank you adam,
regards
jesus

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just received the nos 2800cs badge that deQ managed to unearth. He even threw in the mounting sockets. Needless to say, it arrived in perfect condition due to the package he created. No worries dealing with deQ

peterinfla

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have done at least two transactions with deQuincey. Easy and fast. Great communication, packing and parts. Zero stress. Thank you!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today the PERFECT locking gas cap arrived from Spain. It looks like it came off the shelf.
And d'Q added a brand new gasket. Along with the cap came the short, thin rod to adjust the valves. It too is perfect. The tool is for a coupe buddy, Bill, who has been a good friend and enormous help over the years. It is one of the few tools missing from his kit.

There were some problems on my end with paypal and d'Q was helpful and patient.

Thanks!!!!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Today the PERFECT locking gas cap arrived from Spain. It looks like it came off the shelf.
And d'Q added a brand new gasket. Along with the cap came the short, thin rod to adjust the valves. It too is perfect. The tool is for a coupe buddy, Bill, who has been a good friend and enormous help over the years. It is one of the few tools missing from his kit.

There were some problems on my end with paypal and d'Q was helpful and patient.

Thanks!!!!

you are welcome, it was my pleasure to make this deal with you
regards

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've sold DeQuincy several parts. Good buyer. Shipping stuff to Spain is easy and fairly inexpensive.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just acquired a clock that DeQ refurbished. It is very nicely done, and he was a pleasure to do business with.