Feeler: "Project Fenders" - $200 / pair + ~$100 shipping

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'll be cutting the fenders off of my parts car this weekend. They are salvageable for the skilled metal worker. I am willing to let these go for cheap. I would like to gauge interest or thoughts on viability, as this will dictate how careful I am about removing them. I will post them for sale after they are removed.

If there is no interest or the collective thinks that they should be scrapped, I am going to keep the nose attached to the front of the fenders rather than cutting the factory welds. Even if I do this, parts of the fenders such as the arches will still be usable. I don't believe that I need them for my project car, nor do I want to store them.

The back story on that in 1989, a previous owner cut the rust out of the inner fenders. The structural inner fender removal resulted in sending the front strut towers through the hood. In addition to the disintegration of some of the under hood outer fender metal, the driver's side fender has sheared. I think it is absolutely fixable, but it's probably not worth paying to have done.

There is close to a mm of filler up near the windshield base. The fender has a crack in this area. Some rot near the rocker.
36768295516_562e5b47d8_b.jpg

This fender has sheared near the strut tower. It would need to be bent back and welded. Also note the lumpy section above the beltline trim. Another crack to the right of the obnoxiously large antenna hole.
36784588812_bde8e03ae3_b.jpg

The horror:
36147389163_6ae98e342f_b.jpg

Who needs inner fenders - Ooops!
36768294406_2bb101c0d7_b.jpg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm in about the same place with mine...considering cutting off front nose and maybe the tail as wall art..also considering cutting the whole side silhouette (like slicing the heel off of a loaf of bread..)as wall art, but feel selfish that things like the roof are still solid...
I cant remember where I was thirty-five or so years ago, in a very cool restaurant that had a salad bar/buffet in the engine bay of an E-Jag...I thought it wonderful and horrible at the same time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in about the same place with mine...considering cutting off front nose and maybe the tail as wall art..also considering cutting the whole side silhouette (like slicing the heel off of a loaf of bread..)as wall art, but feel selfish that things like the roof are still solid...
I cant remember where I was thirty-five or so years ago, in a very cool restaurant that had a salad bar/buffet in the engine bay of an E-Jag...I thought it wonderful and horrible at the same time.

My thoughts exactly. If nobody wants or needs the fenders, I will have the entire front of as a wall mount.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alrighty! ...grinder or sawzall?

I used an angle grinder to get the fenders started. Then I switched to a small metal jigsaw blade. Most of the rest was done with a ~7" sawzall. Now that it is out of the garage, I'll probably go back over the outer fenders for a more precise cut with the angle grinder. My cheap HF jigsaw likes to wander...

mustbenuts

Reaction score
Do you have the right front fender off? I tossed mine and should have patched it. Cannot find another one.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have the right front fender off? I tossed mine and should have patched it. Cannot find another one.

I posted this message looking for interested parties before I cut the nose off. I wanted the fender sides attached to the nose, but was willing to forgo the idea of someone needed fender parts.

Anyway, this is what I have. I would run a seam under the beltline. The fender will have bad areas like yours I’m sure. The good news is that $100 was the starting point and there is less dense now. :(

A2B87C99-4A48-4673-B8E8-005E1615D068.jpeg