Fender roll

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
The metal lip that is inside the fender where that color of the car ends...is bent in more so that the tires do not rub against the fender. The back is okay, but the front may rub on a hard turn if you use wider tires or in some cases moving up to 16" rims with a lowered car. BTW, the low riders in LA use tinny little wheels so they don't have to roll the fenders.
If anyone has a better explaination... be free to roll.
abe

pamp

Reaction score
Fenders

Thanks for that. On closer inspection, the fronts must have been done already by a PO.
I bumped the left rear a couple of times yesterday on a test drive, passenger in tow. Now will need to do some clearance work on the rear fenders...damn. Always something...

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
The rear fenders are much harder to "roll" as there are 2 layers of metal there. The outer fender is spot welded to the inner fender. I trimmed mine some using a cut-off wheel on a die grinder. This got me maybe 1/4" additional clearance at best.

pamp

Reaction score
The roll

That is correct Bill,
Two layers inner and outer fenders. So to use the tool Bert suggested, I think this would not work on the rear. Hate to start grinding but this seems like the only option. Looking at the marks on the fender for where she hit yesterday, 1/4 to 3/8 should do the trick. Will then need to seal the two layers and do some touch up. I foolishly sprained my knee last night so will have to put this on the back burner as well as bringing the motorcycles to life...damn it!
P.S. Looking at the front fenders, this was a grinder show for sure, whoever did it.

pamp

Reaction score
Siena gets rolled

Kinda hard to see this and to photograph....Rolled "Siena" today. Used the "heat and pound" method. Result is good. One has to be patient and brave. Nobody likes to wield a 5 pound hammer against the coupe, yet here is the result... Photo is the left rear.
100_1440.jpg

I would think that once to this point that to drop the spring(s) and swing the suspension would be a good idea...