Finally Saying Hi!

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Good evening all! I am finally posting my introduction.

I want to first say how awesome of a resource that this website is for any E9 owner. It has already helped me get my dad's September 1971 built (1972 model year) 3.0CS running (sort of) after 15 years in limbo.

The car has been in the family for more than 20 years and I even remember riding in it around town. A true family member of a car.

I am working on getting it back to road worthy, and drivable status when I have time to work on it. I can't wait to finally drive it after years of only being able to ride in it with my dad.

Andrew Johnson
Decatur, GA

E9Pilot

Reaction score
MyFemurHurts: Thanks for the welcome. I have a few shots of it, but it's a little rough right now. I am a pilot. That's the other expensive hobby. Do you fly too?

Stan: I am excited to get it on the road again. I have it registered at e9driven already. Another great resource!

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Yeah, commercial single, multi, instrument, was working on my CFI and AGI when I quit doing it for a living and got back in the car business. It was a really fun job, but hard to pay the bills. I might go back to flying for a living some day.

Now I just need to find the time to get current and start flying again.

What do you fly?

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Brendan: Sorry for the slow response. Life gets in the way from time-to-time. It is good to hear of another pilot with the same BMW addiction as I have. I have the same ratings and was working on my CFI also. I found another gig in the aviaiton world that kept me flying but not as the primary part of the job. I am in Aviation Insurance. I usually am able to rent a C172 or C182 to go on field trips for he job and visit clients. It is a nice perk.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E9Pilot- The rougher the pictures the better :) there are lots of shots of restored coupes- that gets boring unless we get to see it being built. Let's see some surgery in action! Welcome!!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hi e9pilot ... welcome
would like to see your coupe some time as i am also in the atlanta area.
scott

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Peter: Will do! I'll post some up later this week. I actually just got her running strong again after my first attempt at rebuilding the Zeniths. Yowza, what a learning experience.

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Scott: Definitely. I am always looking to connect with other Coupe owners. Especially ones in the local area. My coupe has a long road to hoe before being road worthy. It has been sitting for 15-odd years. Where in Atlanta are you?

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Pics of the Progress

Hey guys, Here are some pictures in it's current state. I got her running fairly well Saturday and now it is time to go through the brakes. I am contemplating starting a Resto Thread, but I think that I'd be one of many, maybe to many...

Attachments

• WP_20141102_15_24_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141102_15_24_24_Pro.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 168
  • WP_20141102_15_24_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141102_15_24_55_Pro.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 186
  • WP_20141102_15_39_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141102_15_39_09_Pro.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 175
  • WP_20141102_15_37_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141102_15_37_46_Pro.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 175
  • WP_20141102_15_39_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141102_15_39_46_Pro.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 162

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMHO there can't be too many resto threads

Hey guys, Here are some pictures in it's current state. I got her running fairly well Saturday and now it is time to go through the brakes. I am contemplating starting a Resto Thread, but I think that I'd be one of many, maybe to many...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott: Definitely. I am always looking to connect with other Coupe owners. Especially ones in the local area. My coupe has a long road to hoe before being road worthy. It has been sitting for 15-odd years. Where in Atlanta are you?

i am in dunwoody. what year is your coupe? a few years ago i saw a polaris 71 2800cs in Doraville. i also saw a polaris basket case just over the SC line (up i-85N).

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think we all would enjoy watching a rest-thread and you can be assured of opinions and helpful hints along the way! Will you be staying with Polaris or going to something more exotic like Turkis or Ceylon?

Bwana

Reaction score
Yes, never too many resoration threads.

What's up with the heater fan intake? I've never seen a tandem arrangement. Also, is this a U.S. spec car? I thought all the U.S. cars had the second reflector on the front fender. Or was that just CA?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, never too many resoration threads.

What's up with the heater fan intake? I've never seen a tandem arrangement. Also, is this a U.S. spec car? I thought all the U.S. cars had the second reflector on the front fender. Or was that just CA?

Looks like the cone of silence

E9Pilot

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had to post those pics and dash to meet a few friends at the local pub last night.

I'll definitely be starting a resto thread. I'll try and keep it updated regularly.

RSPorsche: I used to live around you in Chamblee, but I am in Cabbagetown/Reynoldstown now. I'd love to meet up check out your coupe. Mine is not road worthy yet, but it'll get there.
Stan: I am planning to stick with Polaris Neu since it is the original color for the car, and just a gorgeous color on these coupes.
Bwana: I think it is a US spec car but have been wrong on a few other things with this car. It was purchased back in the early 90's from CA by my dad and has sat since the late 90's after a brush with a guardrail. Regarding the heater box intake; I am not sure what that is, but if you are referring to the two black things on the cowling, those are carburetor adapters for the STE vacuum gauges.

Bwana

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had to post those pics and dash to meet a few friends at the local pub last night.

Good to see you have your priorities straight!

Regarding the heater box intake; I am not sure what that is, but if you are referring to the two black things on the cowling, those are carburetor adapters for the STE vacuum gauges.

LOL!!!! I thought they were part of the heater! yes, now I see it.

The reason I asked about it's origins is because mine is an Italian import and doesn't have the double lenses at the front fender. Only one turn signal lens. If you browse the photos section, it becomes immediately apparent which are imports and which are domestic. Although I'm no expert for sure. Were carb'ed versions sold in Europe? Are the dual lenses only a CA requirement?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Post the VIN and register in our Registry, it will tell if US/NA market car. Yes the carb CS was also sold in Europe.