Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Est.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CallumNicklin

Reaction score
Hey all,

A new owner from Brighton here.

I've just driven my 1974 3.0CSI back from Hamburg. It's in excellent condition, what a machine. Chassis 4340613.

I drove it back on export plates, because it was de-registered in Germany, and I'm now going through the import process for a UK reg.

The Odo. reads 11532. I'm 90% sure it must be 99,999 + 11532 = 111531km but I'm not sure.

I have 2 questions here:

1. What mileage to state on the first reg doc? Would you state the est. total or what it reads now?
2. Can someone point me to where I can find good history of German TüV records etc? I have history back to 2014 where the Odo was 324km, so assuming a year before that it was around 99,999.

There's no rust on the vehicle at all, the gearbox is a bit whiny, but otherwise I could believe it was 11532km. I just don't think that's likely!

Any help would be great. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing with what mileage to state for first reg.

Once this is sorted I'll get a project thread started.

Thanks,
Cal

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_13aa.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13aa.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 114
  • fullsizeoutput_13ae.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13ae.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 119
  • fullsizeoutput_13b5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13b5.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 122
  • fullsizeoutput_13ba.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13ba.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 120

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Cal,
Congrats, the car looks spectacular. The mileage is almost certainly 6 digit. Whatever it reads now, add a 1 infront. TÜV documents won’t reveal much. If you have documents till 2014, you are pretty close. Looks restored, new paint job? If so, that might explain the last 4 odd years.
You’ve got a fantastic starting point with Csl look. The 4 spoke Alpina wheel is really nice!
Cheers
Keshav

Simufly

Reaction score
Welcome.
I would put down the existing km on the form. Will you not have get an MPH speedo for UK reg?
Cant help with the Tüv perhaps a German member will be able to help.
Interesting, with the 434 VIN it should have the seat panels from side to side rather than front to back. Has it been retrimmed, it certainly look very fresh.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
welcome ! Hamburg-UK... you must have passed nearby my home region Ghent ! ( E17 to Calais , E40 to Ostend or Express road to Knokke … )
nice looking coupe ….congrats

here on tech inspect only the odo reading counts …. as a fact , who knows there must be a 1 before it ? it can be a 2 … or even a 3 ….. it stays a 45 years old car !

CallumNicklin

Reaction score
Hi Cal,
Congrats, the car looks spectacular. The mileage is almost certainly 6 digit. Whatever it reads now, add a 1 infront. TÜV documents won’t reveal much. If you have documents till 2014, you are pretty close. Looks restored, new paint job? If so, that might explain the last 4 odd years.
You’ve got a fantastic starting point with Csl look. The 4 spoke Alpina wheel is really nice!
Cheers
Keshav
Hey Keshav,
Thanks man. I'm over the moon with it, it's really better than I thought it would be. I don't think it has been restored, the original gummy glue that held the back carpets is still down as is the Fjörd Blue paint sticker in the engine bay. It has, however, had a leather retrim. I think the panels are original. Yeah, the 4 spoke works well : ]

I think it's eventually going to lose the front + rear lips, I do like them but the project partner isn't so keen. We love the original subtleties.

@sandhu Thanks dude. Very happy to be here.

@Belgiumbarry I did! I drove to Kluisbergen to stop for the night, then straight back to Calais. And you make a good point about the Odo...it certainly could be even 300+

So I'm still not sure, I guess in my heart I'd want to put what I genuinely think the car has but for any authorities it would be better to match the Odo?

Cal.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great update Cal,
Apart from the seats, as pointed out by Simufly that have the pre 74 stitching style....the car is spectacular.
Send us pics of the engine compartment, we here r good at pointing out stuff ;)
Great buy no doubt!

Keshav

CallumNicklin

Reaction score

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1397.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1397.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 99
  • fullsizeoutput_1398.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1398.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 99
  • fullsizeoutput_13bc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13bc.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 101

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cal .. if you are not keeping the front spoiler , and it’s for sale in the future , give me 1st option to buy plze