For Sale 1974 BMW 3.0 CS

mtn29er

Reaction score
1974 BMW 3.0 CS
Car can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mtn29er/BMW#

In 1986, I bought this car from the original owner, my uncle, who said it was the last new coupe available through a dealership in the US. It was my pride and joy during my college days and I truly enjoyed the results of upgrading the suspension and handling of the car. Now I don’t have the desire to restore it and frankly need the garage space where its lived seldom driven the last 8 years. Recently, it needs a little priming to start but still drives and runs really well. The original paint (Grenada?) was changed by my uncle and I had it repainted in 1988. It’s Damson Red, a Jag color. At that time, new front quarter panels and the drivers side rocker panel were installed.
As the photos show, the paint shows some chipping in spots but no nasty rust bubbles.
The car is mechanically sound and is accident free but needs a lot of TLC. Rusty hole under the drivers floor board that was sheet metal repaired but no other gaping holes or terrible spots. Needs a new headliner and the windshield is cracked as you can see in the photos.

Specs:
VIN# 4310274
1974 3.0 CS with 122 K actual at least- speedo/odometer cable broke a few years ago but probably less than 200 miles on the car since then.
Damson Red with black leather interior
Manual 4 speed trans
Power windows, slow but all work
Sunroof - motor/cables work but panel is slightly bent, needs repair/replacing
AC – works

Adds:
Dual Weber carbs
Korman sport springs and swaybars, front and rear.
Bilstien shocks
15” Weds alloy wheels, also the original 14” alloys go with sale.
Nackamichi cassette deck, custom sub/sound system, some issues of intermittance.

$6500 obo

Email or call with any questions- Car is located in Ketchum, Idaho

[email protected]
(208) 720-6665

Jay