For Sale New E9 CS Coupe Tint Windshields Late Fall $295! Finally

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
We are now able to offer new factory light green tint windshields that will fit properly made in Finland by Sekurit/ St Gobain. The tooling is available after a lot of back and forth. We have a case of 20 pieces that will arrive late Nov/ early Dec. We are confident this will solve the fit issues for all.We do not sell the Chinese XYG for quite some time now with just too many curve issues. Sekurit is considered OEM on much of the BMW glass. We sell a lot of their Porsche and Mercedes glass and have never had an issue. The tooling has been used for supplying the European market for a long time.

We are offering these at $295 just in the light green tint no shade band on top. There is a $25 crate fee + truck freight if being shipped. We welcome local pick up and delivery orders in the Boston/ southern NH area. To secure one now we will ask for a 50% deposit for just the glass. It costs the same to ship 2 or more to the same location .
Fastest results please email us at [email protected] or toll Free 877-345-2800.
check our auctions on Ebay under prosourceglass. Our family has been in the auto glass industry since 1953. Glad we can offer this to the BMW community!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will be / am in need of a windshield ... and like the idea of sekurit glass. with all of the horror stories about everybody's glass for a coupe ... i want to see confirmation that it fits properly in a coupe. so tell us how we can confirm this. i don't have the patience to wait until the end of the year and be tied up with this and have it not work. W+N has front windshields for 200 euro plus at least 49 euro freight across the pond ... not positive about the total freight number.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
i will be / am in need of a windshield ... and like the idea of sekurit glass. with all of the horror stories about everybody's glass for a coupe ... i want to see confirmation that it fits properly in a coupe. so tell us how we can confirm this. i don't have the patience to wait until the end of the year and be tied up with this and have it not work. W+N has front windshields for 200 euro plus at least 49 euro freight across the pond ... not positive about the total freight number.

I can get some history on how many they have sold or at least find out from Sekurit/ ST Gobain how they have been doing on sales in Europe etc.. I can tell you between the Porsche 911/964, 914 and Mercedes 230/280SL and 190SL windshields we have sold close to 2560 windshields over the past several years with no issue of fit/ quality. I would be surprised if they have had any fit problems. I may not get an answer right away but will post reply direct from my sales rep..
We also import ferrari windshields they make with 100% success.

Not sure how they can charge that freight without added costs but we ship to GA for $160 truck freight + $25 crate fee. We will not ship these in just a cardboard carton but in a crate . of course there are other folks in the area or in a club needing a windshield we can put several in same crate for no added freight expense. Richard

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
Put me down for one to the Seattle area. If anyone local wants to combine shipments let's get an order going.

Steve

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
Put me down for one to the Seattle area. If anyone local wants to combine shipments let's get an order going.

Steve
If you want one to be held we are taking the 50% deposit for the glass so it is $147.50 . No need to to deal with any freight charges yet. We only have 20 that are being produced. I am confident we will have glass going out to the Seattle area or at least combine with Alfa Romeo or Porsche glass as we send that way regularly. Let me know if you want to use a credit card or PayPal. feel free to call us toll free or email direct as noted.
Thanks, Richard

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
How much to ship to Seattle? I may go in on one with Steve. I don't think I need one now, but I could in the future.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
We charge $180 truck freight from the Boston to Seattle area + $25 crate fee based on shipping to a business or freight terminal in Seattle. However, for 2 combined we will just split the charges at $90 each. If you get a third person in we would divide the freight costs to $60 ea. We usually have 1 or 2 companies that buy windshields we ship to in the Seattle area. it is a good automotive market for us.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I too may be interested if someone can confirm fitment. My windshield has a chip repair in my field of view.

Have you worked with Mario Langston (Vintage Sports & Restoration)? He is located near you and is the person who first informed me of the fitment problems.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mario would be a great endorsement ... he is in ProSource's back yard. if i was them, i would take one up to VSR and give one to Mario for a fitting. there is market value there that you can't buy ... of course if it doesn't fit ... well lets not go there.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been on here for a few days. this is one of several projects we are working on. I am not familiar with Mario but he may know of us or thru other folks. i am sure when the time comes we will offer him one or more. I am quite confident there will not be a fit problem and will stand behind. this 100%. Since the last posts the factory has confirmed. We are actually getting 32 , originally 20 pieces but they decided to do the run for a full case. Meanwhile i have asked my rep to get a report on sales, if new tooling or if this tooling has been used before. I have not had any issues with what Sekurit makes so i know they do their due diligence and have test fitted and probably run these before. However, I will post anything they tell me regarding this soon. Richard

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
The freight should be about $170 truck carrier freight + $25 crate/ box fee based on shipping to a business address or to the freight terminal is New Orleans for pick up. Residential delivery is additional fees.

mustbenuts

Reaction score
We are now able to offer new factory light green tint windshields that will fit properly made in Finland by Sekurit/ St Gobain. The tooling is available after a lot of back and forth. We have a case of 20 pieces that will arrive late Nov/ early Dec. We are confident this will solve the fit issues for all.We do not sell the Chinese XYG for quite some time now with just too many curve issues. Sekurit is considered OEM on much of the BMW glass. We sell a lot of their Porsche and Mercedes glass and have never had an issue. The tooling has been used for supplying the European market for a long time.

We are offering these at $295 just in the light green tint no shade band on top. There is a $25 crate fee + truck freight if being shipped. We welcome local pick up and delivery orders in the Boston/ southern NH area. To secure one now we will ask for a 50% deposit for just the glass. It costs the same to ship 2 or more to the same location .
Fastest results please email us at [email protected] or toll Free 877-345-2800.
check our auctions on Ebay under prosourceglass. Our family has been in the auto glass industry since 1953. Glad we can offer this to the BMW community!
I'm interested in Seattle. Will the tint look strange with the other glass not tinted? Would like to share those Seattle shipping charges

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
Hi i just saw this and wanted to advise you we will be able to offer a Seattle shipment i am sure when these arrive. The green tint will be light and often folks will buy despite clear glass in rest of car. We can post what the green tint Sekurit for other models of Porsche windshields look like.

More important for ALL. We received word from Europe for those contemplating whether these will fit. i think this pretty much alleviates all fears! They have been selling these a long time. Here isa copy and paste of the email:

Hi Richard,

Here is the response I received about the FW00306 GTN’s

“If I look in history back to 2002 when we got SAP I found that Autover Germany has had this model active all the time.

They are replenished by SGG Finland about every year so that implicates to me that there is sufficient movement.

I also noticed movement at Autover Norway and Portugal. Of course not in the same quantities that Germany generates.”

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just for the record, all US/NA coupes got green tinted glass all around. This does not include a darker tint at the top of windshield of course. It was common for euro coupes to get clear glass it seems.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
I too may be interested if someone can confirm fitment. My windshield has a chip repair in my field of view.

Have you worked with Mario Langston (Vintage Sports & Restoration)? He is located near you and is the person who first informed me of the fitment problems.
I am going to reach out to Mario at some point this week. I am sure he will be happy about offering correct windshields!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am going to reach out to Mario at some point this week. I am sure he will be happy about offering correct windshields!

Again, while I appreciate your willingness to stand behind your product offerings, many of us have become cautious in dealing with new suppliers. There are some bad apples in your business, but I suspect you are not one of them. An endorsement from Mario helps you, provides our little community with peace of mind, and as you note, helps Mario as well.

TodB

Reaction score
These cars tend to shift/flex/bend a bit over the yeas which also does not help fitment. If fitment confirmed, I will be interested also. Sadly I recently moved from Canton, MA (30 mins for you!) to FL so I'll have to get it shipped.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
I just want to advise I spoke with Mario today and when these come in we will be bringing some pieces to him since he is within an hour of us to fit and use in some future projects. Just want to advise we are not a new supplier or even new to the BMW industry. We were selling CS Coupe windshields to Karl Nelson in LaJolla as an example back some 25 years ago. Our family has been in the automotive glass industry since 1953. We previously owned Lo-Can glass international, family owned and run til sold in 2003 to a large conglomerate and eventually sold off to Pilkington Glass.
You can check us out at www.prosourceglassintl.com ( needs some updating for sure), on Ebay under prosourceglass user id name. Also we are well known in the Porsche and Mercedes community as a major vendor for several companies that specialize in the classic and vintage parts. Anyone who is familiar with Pelican parts or 914 Forum will see frequent posts.

Feel free to contact me direct at [email protected] or Toll free 877-345-2800 if you want to order or additional info. We are still set for end of November arrivals or thereabout.

ProSource Glass

Reaction score
Just updating what we have been told. We should expect these to ship from the distribution point in November from Europe so anyone who wants to put orders together should get a deposit in this month. We will send them out within a few days of receiving, once they clear Customs.