FOR SALE STAGGERED ORIGINAL ALPINAS 16 x7 and 16 x 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

execmalibu

Reaction score
FOR SALE ALPINAS !!! RARE STAGGERED ORIGINAL ALPINAS 16 x 7 and 16 x 8...

I decided that I think that I prefer the Hardy and Becks to the Alpinas on the GREAT PUMPKIN:roll:...

I will probably seriously regret selling these but I am offering the (4) ULTRA RARE Staggered ALPINAS for sale... Move quickly because I might change my mind...

These are the ULTRA RARE ORIGINAL FACTORY ALPINAS WHEELS and they say ALPINA on them! They are not Reproduction or later E9 Wheels.. The wheels are very nice but not new with a few minor nicks and scuffs... The Tires are like new Bridgestone/Forestone(205x55x16)...

The Reproduction wheels are $2,500 + Tax and plus 16 inch tires are $550-600 so I figured ORIGINAL STAGGERED ALPINAS with ALPINA CENTER CAPS and with like NEW tires should easily be worth $2,950 which is less then a set of repros with tires will cost...

ASKING $2,950 or best Offer...
email [email protected]

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

execmalibu

Reaction score
YES! They should fit on an E28...

They are offset 11mm and 24mm so they should fit...

execmalibu

Reaction score
ALPINAS with BLACK Centers

The ALPINA wheels I have for sale have black centers...

Chris, I thought the guy on ebay was asking $2,499-$3,000 for reproduction ALPINAS?

execmalibu

Reaction score
Bueler..... Bueler??

Hello... Hello... TAP TAP TAP.... Is this mike on?? Hello:lol:....

Guys these are the real deal...

ALPINAS make your E9 look better and the modern 16 inch tires make your E9 DRIVE and HANDLE AMAZING!... The E9 with 16s drive like a totally different car ask anyone who has made the change...

I just do not have room for more wheels and tires... My loss you gain...

Ferris would be all over these!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like you have 4 front tires there- rears should be 225 x 50.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Chris, Coupekings wheels say COUPEKING on them...

There are PHONY Alpinas that say ALPINA on them that are advertised at $2,500-$3,000... If anyone went to buy Original ALPINAS it would cost at least what I am asking...

I doubt I could replace these ALPINAS for what I am offering them for correct?

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jeff,

Why do you say repro Alpinas? If they say Alpina they are Alpina and at $2500 with good tires and if in VG condition that is an excellent price. I am surprised they aren't already sold. As I said earlier, copies are only $1600.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
The last set of authentic Alpina wheels sold in this forum was a few weeks ago and he was asking $1,800 for a set of 5 wheels including a spare.

The guy asking $2,500 on Ebay for replicas is out of his mind.

The replica wheels are beig sold for $305 a piece as can be seen in the link below.

http://www.vintagepartsusa.com/cata...ls/WHEEL2/5-X-120-E16.2-16x7-Automotive-Wheel

In all honesty I thing $1,600 to $1,700 is where your wheels should be priced at.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Chris I should have said PHONY ALPINAs...

There are supposedly "PHONY" Alpinas that say "ALPINA" on them offered on the net... Coupeking did not want to mislead people into thinking they were real ALPINA Wheels and cast COUPEKING onto their wheels...

I think the link that Verde2002 sent are the Phony wheels?

BTW they only show 16x7... They do NOT list a 16 x 8...

verde2002,

I did not want to sell these rare ALPINA wheels with nearly new tires for less then they would cost me to replace... I am sure that you agree...

Last edited:

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are supposedly "PHONY" Alpinas that say "ALPINA" on them offered on the net... Coupeking did not want to mislead people into thinking they were real ALPINA Wheels and cast COUPEKING onto their wheels...

I think the link that Verde2002 sent are the Phony wheels?

BTW they only show 16x7... They do NOT list a 16 x 8...

verde2002,

I did not want to sell these rare ALPINA wheels with nearly new tires for less then they would cost me to replace... I am sure that you agree...

Most things depreciate in value from new once purchased and used, even rare Alpina wheels. Replacement cost isn't what determines value.

I was just trying to shed some light on values and gave a few examples of what was out there. If you can get $2,500 for this set, more power to you. In the end something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

The wheels in the link I wouldn't call phony but similar designed wheels to Alpina rather than exact copies which is what I would consider Phony and misleading. They are not staggered, have one less spoke if I'm not mistaking, only offered in 16x7 and the offset is 16 or 18 I think. Take a look at a photo with the wheels on the car and you couldnt tell the difference unless you counted the spokes or were close enough to see the Alpina stamp missing on the wheel.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck on the sale and do hope you get the $2,500 you are asking for.

execmalibu

Reaction score
verde2002... Unfortunately I have a VERY Serious Disease... Called OEMITISE...

8)"OEMITISE PROBLEMISE" is a very serious disease the afflicts a few very un-luckly people:cry:...

Once you have been exposed to the disease and start to even mildly experience the horrendous and often un-controlable symptoms you are never the same...

Here is an example of how serious the symptoms of the disease are...

Imagine two virtually identical superbly crafted items... Both items are in absolutely perfect original condition and both items were made were during the same time period and are of the exact same material... The only difference is that on one item in a tiny almost microscopic hidden spot on the back corner there is a itsy bitsy tiny little number 1... That item is $50,000 the other item has no number and is $50... What do you do?

The diseased person with OEMITISE has no choice!... He will totally ignore the no number item and offer insanely stupid money for the "ORIGINAL" item... :p

Anyone ever pay insane money for a run of the mill copper Penny exactly like the one probably in your pocket? I have a 1909 svdb... The 1909 svdb Penny is exactly like every other wheat Penny but it is worth $2,000! BTW... I bought the entire collection/book of wheat Pennies including a book with all of the early Indian Head Pennies at a local Garage Sale for $100... I may look stupid

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
verde,

Staggered Alpinas in very good condition command $2500 all day long, anything less and they are guaranteed to need truing and refinishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.