Freshly Restored 1972 3.0cs Baikal blue

G

Reaction score
Posting for a friend.
1972 3.0cs One owner car. Original factory Baikal blue with red interior. Just finished a very long total nuts and bolts restoration.. Zero miles since the restoration.
Body , interior, wood , chrome ,engine transmission etc... everything has been meticulously gone through and has been restored to original factory specification.
Car is located in Montreal, Quebec. Asking price $105usd.
For further info contact Shervin. [email protected]
front.jpg ,front quarter.jpg ,rear shot.jpg 'trailer.jpg ,als side shot.jpg 'als engine 3.jpg , als engine.jpg ,als engine 2.jpg ,

Last edited:

G

Reaction score
Posting for a friend.
1972 3.0cs One owner car. Original factory Baikal blue with red interior. Just finished a very long total nuts and bolts restoration.. Zero miles since the restoration.
Body , interior, wood , chrome ,engine transmission etc... everything has been meticulously gone through and has been restored to original factory specification.
Car is located in Montreal. Asking price $105usd.
For further info contact Shervin. [email protected]
View attachment 29298 ,View attachment 29299 ,View attachment 29300 'View attachment 29301 ,View attachment 29302 'View attachment 29303 , View attachment 29305 ,View attachment 29306 ,
More pics.......

Attachments

• als body restore.jpg
    als body restore.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 460
  • als body 2.jpg
    als body 2.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 432
  • als body3.jpg
    als body3.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 459
  • als body 3.jpg
    als body 3.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 463
  • als chasis.jpg
    als chasis.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 448
  • als chasis 2.jpg
    als chasis 2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 419
  • al wood.jpg
    al wood.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 469
  • als interior.jpg
    als interior.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 470
  • als rear seats.jpg
    als rear seats.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20170619_133355.jpg
    IMG_20170619_133355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 473

Boobouna

Reaction score
Wow, now thats nice. Great colour combo. Was the red interior there from the beginning or did your friend change it to red during restoration?
Looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottd

Reaction score
Very pretty. The wood looks great. Good luck with selling.

Scott

G

Reaction score
Wow, now thats nice. Great colour combo. Was the red interior there from the beginning or did your friend change it to red during restoration?
Looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its was restored back to its Original Baikal blue with red interior.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't think it's clean enough! :) That being said, to the correct buyer that is a beautiful example and well worth the money because as teahead and rwolak allude the labor costs to do that work far exceeds the asking price- but the seller can't recuperate the labor costs and is stuck with the raw value of a near perfect car. I say near perfect because they painted the plug on the air cleaner snorkel :)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't think it's clean enough! :) That being said, to the correct buyer that is a beautiful example and well worth the money because as teahead and rwolak allude the labor costs to do that work far exceeds the asking price- but the seller can't recuperate the labor costs and is stuck with the raw value of a near perfect car. I say near perfect because they painted the plug on the air cleaner snorkel :)

A 72 doesn't have that rubber plug, those came on 2800CS

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Daham it! well, they painted the little latchy things too that hold the air cleaner on- I have to find something! Chris, I have a 74 and it has the big rubber plug on top of the hot air riser- was there something unique to the 72 or is it more likely that my air cleaner came from a 2800 as well?

Thanks- always learning.. but forgetting faster!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All that work, just to turn around and sell it?

Yeah my thoughts exactly....I used to do the same thing though with motorcycles. I would save something from near destruction at the local recycler, only to turn it into a show bike. Once done, I needed money for the next project. It is kind of a sickness. If I had the space and extra money I would never sell. I have neither. Therefore, once the satisfaction of turning what was destined to junkyard eternity into a pristine build, it was time to move on the next save.

It's a sickness, so I kind of understand, but this looked like a lot of work, I tell you what........ I never sold with 0 miles after rebuild. I sold once I road the crap out of it but still looked amazing, then I sold. Get some miles on the gosh darn thing first....geeeze...enjoy it a little.. My lord.