Friday Thing: Motor Sport Skeletons?

Malc

Reaction score
Well the Corsachilli - Skeletons? post brought up some interesting stuff
Lots of us poor Brits had to go with Leyand products....

OK Motor Sport, It's all my neighbours fault

1)... Mini Clubman (Mini with a big nose) bought for £10 and Autocrossed, came in last but got the bug.
2)... Yet another Autocrossing mini, spent a fortune on the engine and painted in red oxide primer with flames, soooo 1960,s :lol: Won the Scottish Autocross class championship one year, got totaled in the final race of one season, the crash is recorded on a video somewhere, supposed to be spectacular
3).. Navigated on my 1st stage rally in a Skoda, don't laugh they won the RAC Lombard 1300 class 12 years ina row.
4).. Built the Zaztava rally car Drove in my first stage rally, started 74th finished 47th. Lasted three years...
5)...Before doing "We are not worthy" impressions infront of a Lancia Delta Integrale on the Weldex rally - unfortunately my wife found out it was for sale. purchased with long suffering rally partner. Great fun when going, pain in the £$%^ when not, Fell to bits on the Scottish Stages...
6)... Liked it so much he bought another, Unfortunately bent it rather badly, well it was either a 100ft drop or into a cliff. Cliff was on the navigator's side :wink: Rebuilt and fell to bits on the Scottish Stages... Currently resting awaiting rebuild.
7).. Navigate in a Subaru Impreza now, I can't afford to run it. Rally partner can. Very quick competent car and dare I say rather boring.

Currently building a 1980 Saab 99 Turbo, Stage rally car to compete in the "historic" rally class, Believed to be the last 2WD car to win a world rally. Something different should be a laugh, be doing Erik Carlsson impressions either late this year or early next!

Never done any track stuff except the odd tarmac rally............
Track stuff.... :o Now I do have the spares donor Csi around the back of the shed
No! Malc No!
sorry dear :wink:

shanon

Reaction score
do it!

build a track CS Malc!

strip it, build it up and have a rare track bomber.
Go harass the 911s, Alfas, Mustangs and Jags in style!
CS's on the track are rare sights and crowd pleasers.

motivating thoughts from the devil in San Francisco :twisted:

-shanon

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
`Track CS

And to be different, do an Art calder Replica paint job,The hell with the rust,Malc, Just weld strengthening bars everywhere that are'nt too heavy