Frisco

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A couple of pictures of Verona in San Francisco, one at Phaedrus and the other a nice angle in Columbus Ave, Little Italy. I think Frisco suits the E9 better as a background than boring suburbia.

Attachments

• phaedrus.jpg
    phaedrus.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 288
  • phaedrus1.jpg
    phaedrus1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 288

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

Frisco? Won't you be banned from entering the city? I thought all Bay area residents are only allowed to call it "The City."

:)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Arde, did you fix your shock towers at Phaedrus and if so, everything satisfactory?

Yes, it is a nice shop and it is always nice to go a place where they breathe BMWs and know the old models. So far the mounts are fine, and given they had to mix Verona paint for them I also had some engine bay paint work done (hood support bar, battery tray, etc.).

The color came up nice I think, not sure why but they used two stage paint and mixed some paint with the clearcoat to simulate single stage instead of using single stage. Go figure.

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

Frisco? Won't you be banned from entering the city? I thought all Bay area residents are only allowed to call it "The City."

:)

"The late etymologist Peter Tamony traced the word all the way back to the Middle English frithsoken, meaning refuge or sanctuary. Shortened to "frisco," the term was apparently used by sailors to refer to any port where ships could be repaired."

In my case it is the port I went to repair the shock towers, so I am on solid ground with my nickname use.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
that verona, looks gorgeous !

i will be astonishing for a normal pedestrian to see such a beauty parked or moving through the streets of "frisco" (i assume that i am safe this side of the pond, it takes 14hours by plane to come here and slap me in the face :p)

regards

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely Coupe Arde, what size and brand are those tires?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you take any pictures of the repair, before, during and after?

That's in my future one of these days...

I put the "before and after" shock tower in another thread:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11337

The tires are Pirellis.

We got folks in the city checking out the odd looking car, some compliments, a fellow saved me a parking spot and put 1.50 worth of coins in a parking meter and only asked for 2 dollars in return, which is better than the attendant in the self-parking that took my cash and gave me no receipt probably cheating his own boss who would have cheated the IRS in any case. Life in the big city.

Attachments

• frisco3.jpg
    frisco3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 220
  • parking.jpg
    parking.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 198

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lovely Verona. I agree about photo shoot locations. Beautiful cities and abandoned steel mills, wharfs, and factories.