Front Electric Window Switches

cobubas1

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a diagram of which colour wire cable goes to which spade connector oon the front electric windows please?

My first resto project so I may be on here a lot :) LOL!

Colin

steve in reno

Reaction score
That's why you write every thing down and/or take pic's.
I would have been so screwed when doing my dash if I hadn't written down all pertinent info.
There are only 3 wires to each switch, one space left blank. There is also one dbl green wire to each switch.
Sorry I have no pic's
steve

cobubas1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, my e9 arrived with some after market switches that were not connected, didnt find out until after removing them. I have the double green connector, a single green and a black one. How do i know which ones to connect to which spades without causing any damage?

Rgds

Colin

steve in reno

Reaction score
Colin
If you have aftermarket switches I don't think I can help.
I have never seen an aftermarket switch, but what do I know.
I still have the drawing for mine, but they are original.
Does yours have 4 spade posts?
Use a multimeter and check which wire is hot, traveler, etc.
There is a guy selling laminated wiring diagrams. contact www.colorwiringdiagrams.com
Some have said that they aren't perfect, but in my experience they are darn close enough.
hth
steve

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First, the old style switch only routes the 12V, not the ground, so there is no way of doing damage while trying different combinations.

If you are putting the original 4 spade switches things are simple. The double wire is 12V (it is double to cascade 12V from one switch to the next). The other two wires are up and down wires for that window. The double wire connects to the upper right spade and the other two connect to bottom right and upper left respectively. Once you get the window to work you can reverse things by swapping the last two wires or by turning the switch around 180 degrees.

That is my recollection.