Front Grilles.

Antony Wright

Reaction score
Ive asked a few people now;some say they are the same some say they are different.as i cannot fond part numbers on the 2 sets i have its hard to know.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just bought out the NOS grills from a dealer in Egypt.
They arrived gray not black.

roundel

Reaction score
Should the Grey ones be for sale I would be interested as in the original pictures of my ex BMW motorsport E3 Kombi it had grey ones. Pls let me know. Regards Alex.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
2800 E9 had grey / silver grilles, yes they are the same,
This is first I have heard that, both of the known 2800CS show cars Max Hoffman used to introduce the 6-cylinder coupes to the American market had black grills, as did the E3 2800 sedans and every original 2800 sedan I've ever seen. As far as I knew, in the US market only the 2500 sedans were supplied with the grey grills. I'd be surprised if any grey grills were even made after the black grills were introduced, if Don bought out the rest they could be ancient 50 year-old NOS plastic parts! Careful!!

(Incidentally, I think those grey grills look fabulous on a dark paint car, I would like to try a set on my baikal E9!)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is first I have heard that, both of the known 2800CS show cars Max Hoffman used to introduce the 6-cylinder coupes to the American market had black grills, as did the E3 2800 sedans and every original 2800 sedan I've ever seen. As far as I knew, in the US market only the 2500 sedans were supplied with the grey grills. I'd be surprised if any grey grills were even made after the black grills were introduced, if Don bought out the rest they could be ancient 50 year-old NOS plastic parts! Careful!!

(Incidentally, I think those grey grills look fabulous on a dark paint car, I would like to try a set on my baikal E9!)

I think the early 2800's had the grey/silver grills (however you see them).....not just the 2500. I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the ones I have extra of were off of a 2800 and I may have seen some older brochures with the grey/silver grill on 2800's.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have one NOS grill left in shop.
No idea which side.
That dealer in Egypt still has 6000 more items to sell.