Front leg transplant

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey folks, an exciting day. I picked up some struts I had stripped and powder coated and they look brand new, or at least much better than my bowl legged 195K struts. These came off an E9 with 15,000 miles from my good friend Tom Baruch, our E9 friend/ace mechanic who just moved to South Carolina. They will replace my original units that are not so great on the alignment rack from the camber and caster perspective. Anyway, I'm swapping these in over the winter along with a few other smaller jobs to get ready for Spring driving season and Sharkfest, to start. And maybe I can convince my friend Don Lawrence to come out and swap my Gen 1 Megasquirt box this year! :)
IMG_7434.JPG

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, Chris, thanks to your referral -- and their prices were very reasonable. Now for some hand cleaning of the areas they didn't paint.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Greetings Wayne-

as a heads up I am now offering remote live Megasquirt tuning.
you drive and I tune anywhere in the world (except during happy hour of course)

I will back in the states in February and we can talk.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Greetings Wayne-

as a heads up I am now offering remote live Megasquirt tuning.
you drive and I tune anywhere in the world (except during happy hour of course)

I will back in the states in February and we can talk.

============
Hi Don, that is great news and I'll check back with you then. As a short term measure it would be nice to simply swap in the new box and carryover tune with some optimization. Longer term I know you want to upgrade my throttle position sensor and rework some of the connectors throughout the harness, but perhaps that can wait some more time. My new longer term goal has Fran and I relocating back in Half Moon Bay around 2025 or so, meaning the final MS details might be able to wait until then...my oldest daughter is out there now and I'll be likely retiring from the corporate job around that time to bring Bluebelle back to the state she is from; I can't wait to join my old friends in Monterey every year...and of course it will be very nice to be able to drink some nice grape juice with you more often!