FS: 71 2800CS Houston "Fully Upgraded" :-)

jamesw

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I've taken y'alls advice and listed my coupe for Auction on BAT. I'll post the link once it's live.

Cheers
James

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Man, ya it is. If the iron oxide really has been eradicated, this is a coupe that's turnkey. Only thing I'd add is a CSL front spoiler, but that's it!

Car like this would fetch good money on BAT. You'll just need a ton of pictures and a few videos.

Restoration photos always helpful too.

jamesw

Reaction score
Shoot! I forgot to mention that I have an unpainted CSL front spoiler I got from Mario - but haven't installed. It comes with the car.

Thanks guys!
James

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
James, GLWS ... that looks soooo much better than most of the coupes on the market and it does look like it is priced to sell.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
GLWS! This is THE coupe to buy!
If you go on Bat don't let them force you to make a low reserve. I am still a novice at pricing but from your description and what I see in the way of $30 + cars your number is low!! I hope others will chime in on that.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesw

Reaction score
OK - I hear your feedback. I'm not in a super rush - so what do you think I should price her? I realize that's kind of hard without photos.

Cheers
James

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you go on Bat don't let them force you to make a low reserve. I am still a novice at pricing but from your description and what I see in the way of $30 + cars your number is low!! I hope others will chime in on that.

Steve

Fully agree with you Steve, seems like a solid and straight car with the right mods, based on the last couple of months auctions it should fetch more than that on BAT, but you never know.
James, if you can get a high reserve (which might be easier after the previous auctions) you definitely should try the BAT route.

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Would love to see pics. I've had my coupe for 7 years at this point but am secretly yearning for a clean original baikal csi (I know...good luck!). When I saw your post I was tempted to make an offer bc it looked so clean and underpriced...if it's as clean as it looks I think it's worth at least 60.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would love to see pics. I've had my coupe for 7 years at this point but am secretly yearning for a clean original baikal csi (I know...good luck!). When I saw your post I was tempted to make an offer bc it looked so clean and underpriced...if it's as clean as it looks I think it's worth at least 60.
Do I hear $70 calls the auctioneer?

61porsche

Reaction score
Real Deal guys, no expense spared rust repair/ paint job, etc. Owner of a Lexus dealer did it -he remembered the cars from his youth is the only reason he did it. Karma is a funny thing.

It was a Northern CA car to begin with.

It wasn't about money. His mother had an 02 and that was the seed that was set years ago. Like many of us his wife indulged him and she never asked what he spent ( his story)... she knew.

John never got to drive it after the paint and interior. He called me near the end and I did for him. It was if it was he was a kid again at Christmas with a shiny new bike and he just had to show it off.

So there ya go.. a little bit of history.

James- you did good, then, and since you've been the keeper. GLWS

61 Porsche

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is what you call a ringing endorsement. we haven't seen the full suite of pics ... but a knowledgeable coupe person like 61porsche adds a lot of credibility. if its all that he says it is, your number is low. i think many people will chime in once we see the pics. my guess is 55k to 65k, but once you get into this strata it might take longer. it looks like 2800cs are starting to get a little respect and i am happy about that.

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks Jerry - I appreciate it. It's funny - I still work at the same company as John's wife and we see each-other at work. When I drive the car to the office I sure hope that she has fond memories when she sees the car.

This is not a perfect #1 car guys but it is a nice one. The few "warts" I can think of are:

The body-shop did not do a good job on the top seems when they did the work on the front fenders. They put a lot of seam sealer on them.
The exhaust shop that ran the pipes back from the Stahl headers did not do a good job either. A coupeking SS exhaust would be an easy fix but honestly - it's under the car so I don't care if it's ugly lol.
The painter put the belt-line trim on too early and there are 2 or 3 nickel sized areas where it wrinkled the paint.
The clock doesn't work

Cheers
James

jamesw

Reaction score
No, the existing rust was not bad enough to remove the fenders - the tops were cut back to good metal and replaced along each side. I'll post some pix from above and below.

Cheers
James

Bwana

Reaction score
I've seen it too, a very nice car, James doesn't put up with shoddy work. I'm not a big fan of the color but if you like it, this is probably a $50k car at least.
Well, I guess when you sell it our unique "Datsun 2000/CS Coupe" club will be down to just one :-(