FS '73 3.0cs 5 speed

doubledutch

Reaction score
I have had the extreme pleasure of owning 2 coupes in the last 10 years. I have made the difficult decision to part with my Atlantik Blau '73 CS.

The reason? Too many toys, not enough garage space, not enough time to truly enjoy it, kids in college etc,etc.

I purchased the car 4 years ago from a high-end collector in LA, CA who kept his fleet in a dry storage garage in NV. He purchased the car on Ebay in May of 2014 from a dealer who parked the the in his showroom floor for 7 years. The car has not been driven more than 5K miles in the last 10+ years . Of which, I put on 4K (odometer reads now 107K).

This car was originally delivered in Nachtblau Metallic (040) on July 4, 1973 to Hoffman Motors Corp in NY . Approximately 10 yrs ago the color was changed to Atlantik blau (041). The paint is very good condition with few minor imperfections. The blue leather upholstery is original and in fantastic shape. The blue carpet is in good condition but understandably does show some fading.

The transmission was originally automatic- it was professionally converted to a 5 speed transmission (Getrag 265) by Oxford Motors in East Providence, RI in 2016. This car shifts beautifully through all 5 gears.

The car has not given me ANY trouble. It has been extremely reliable and a joy to drive, even more so since the 5 speed conversion. The car starts without issue every time, even on a cold morning. The A/C blows cold air and all 4 power windows work, albeit very slowly .

The car shows very little to no rust in the typical area, as has the car spend a large portion of it's life in a temperature controlled environment. There are 2 small bubbling spots on the front fender. It has not cracked the paint or has gotten worse since I have owned it

Undoubtedly this is a proper, fun and admirable car that will make the next custodian extremely happy for many years to come.

The car is in very original condition with a few (tasteful) upgrades such as:

- refinished dash wood
- headliner redone
- K&N air filters
- Coupe King 16" staggered Alpina style rims with new Conti Extreme 205/55 F & 225/50 R,
- 2 yr old Bilstein shocks all around
- Petri steering wheel
- electronic ignition
- refinished dashboard with "fasten seat belt light" delete
- front side markers delete
- new Coco mats

Car also comes with a set of 14" Alpina look wheels (with tires) which came with the car. As well as the original steering wheel, new rubber seals as well as chrome (vertical) window trim (L) which are all on order from W&N
For more info and lots of pictures/video please pm me or txt me at 401-219-66 nine six

Asking price $60K ,
Car is located in Rhode Island. (Vin# 2250661) I can assist with PPI and transport if you needed
Open to suggestions, advice & constructive criticism (go easy...)

Cheers
Pieter Snoeren
IMG_4184[9964].JPG

IMG_4161[9956].jpg

IMG_0348[9962].JPG

IMG_4165[9960].jpg

IMG_4163[9958].jpg
IMG_4044[9988].jpg
IMG_3955[9984].jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful car! Exactly how my 2800CS was born!

GOod luck! Sorry to see you selling. I guess all of us will one day unless we're buried in them.

doubledutch

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, still feeling pretty double about selling. Plenty people asking (on Facebook) but nobody serious so far,, most of them think they can own a E9 around 30k ! I may have to try the BAT route, German cars seem to be doing very well lately.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Pieter. Beautiful E9! I tried to text you per your instructions: "For more info and lots of pictures/video please pm me or txt me at 401-219-66 nine six" ... but never heard back. Can you please contact me with more info? Thanks! - Tom 858-459-1778

doubledutch

Reaction score
Hi Pieter. Beautiful E9! I tried to text you per your instructions: "For more info and lots of pictures/video please pm me or txt me at 401-219-66 nine six" ... but never heard back. Can you please contact me with more info? Thanks! - Tom 858-459-1778
Hi Tom, never got a txt from you (i double checked all my txt from the last 5 days) , please try again and i will reply for sure.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking at Pieter's battery I see a rubber/plastic "shield" that conforms to the shape of the fender. Don't remember seeing this before. Any ideas guys?

doubledutch

Reaction score
Do you also have the build date?

The BMW 3.0 CS Automatic US VIN 2250661 was manufactured on June 06th, 1973 and delivered on July 04th, 1973 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Nachtblau metallic, paint code 040.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer

doubledutch

Reaction score
Looking at Pieter's battery I see a rubber/plastic "shield" that conforms to the shape of the fender. Don't remember seeing this before. Any ideas guys?
i was wondering the same thing, my previous 2800CS certainly didn't have it, it does look good to me but i doubt it's original, that's how i bought it

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The BMW 3.0 CS Automatic US VIN 2250661 was manufactured on June 06th, 1973 and delivered on July 04th, 1973 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Nachtblau metallic, paint code 040.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer

Thank you. Those black pads are haphazardly placed and not original, pretty strange.