FS: Blue book workshop manual set

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
FS: Blue book workshop manual set---SOLD

Quite possibly one of the nicest set factory workshop manuals I've come across. This set includes quite a few of the later addendums up to 1975 for the coupe as well as the 3.0Si and 3.3Li Bosch L-jetronic fuel injected sedans. For those who are not familiar with these 2500-3.0CSi manuals, they also refer to the E3 sedans. Tons of pictures, illustrations, specs, as well as very detailed instructions.

There are absolutely no oil/grease staining, no markings and fingerprints of any kind on both manuals. Also, there are no torn or missing pages. It appears that they were used for maybe a few times then it was simply stored away for decades. As pristine condition as one will ever see in these 35+ years old treasures. The one issue that makes this set from being perfect is that they have a slight musty scent to them. I surmise that these manuals were stored along with other old things in a humid and musty room for many years, thereby acquiring the mustiness. Maybe exposing them to outdoor air can somewhat eliminate the scent.

The vinyl binders are also in excellent condition. The only issue with them is some surface rust that had developed on both binders' metal binder mechanisms also, probably attributed to the humid storage facility. I've sanded the rust somewhat but it is still fairly evident so it cannot be completely removed. New original binders are still available through Maximillian Importing @ about $40 each if one is so inclined. With new binders, this set of manuals can become concours quality.

Good conditioned original copies usually change hands at about $300-$350. I bought these a few years back from England for a handsome sum. $450 shipped in the lower States and slight extra for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. International shipping will probably be about an additional $50, though actual cost will be determined by the Postal Service. Will be shipped from San Francisco, CA. Paypal only please. PM me if interested.

Coupe ownership is not complete without these blue book manuals. Probably will be the best money ever spent on ones' coupe. As most of us know, excellent copies are so rare and almost impossible to get at any price.

P1030956.jpg

P1030959.jpg

P1030968.jpg

P1030969.jpg

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics. For coupe owners that already have these manuals that are less than ideal, now is your chance to upgrade. I would rate the manuals a 9 on a scale of 1-10. Buy these and either store them away as a "trophy" and use your present manuals for everyday reference or you can sell your good old set for around $300 or so.

P1030961.jpg

P1030947.jpg

P1030948.jpg

P1030950.jpg

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cabrio330

Hi, don't know if any of my replies went through the PM system, it does not confirm that my messages were sent. The answer to your question is yes, the manuals do cover the carbureted coupes. If you were to check out pic #4, it shows an exploded view of all the carburettor components. Other than how the fuel is delivered to the engine, all other components are the same on the coupes.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a manual also in the one binder format for sale - in very good condition - located in London UK if anyone else wants one. £150.

Rohan