FS: Golde wind deflector reproduction

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
I bought one of these from Stan last year at the Saratoga Vintage show & he installed it in about 10 minutes between hot lap sessions at Lime Rock. It works GREAT and makes a big difference in wind buffeting when the sunroof is open! It also looks terrific!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After a long wait, the parts are back and I can sell them!
Ready for immediate delivery, $400.00 plus mailing (about $10.00 in the USA)
PM with your mailing address
s-l400.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
now, if only i had a coupe with a sunroof ... i would be ordering one of these right away. the quality looks great Stan. now for your next ready-to-sell part, what about remaking the anodized aluminum trims for the shift console?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
now, if only i had a coupe with a sunroof ... i would be ordering one of these right away. the quality looks great Stan. now for your next ready-to-sell part, what about remaking the anodized aluminum trims for the shift console?
I think Tom (VbigDog) made some.
I need to see if I can get those trim strips for the door cards made before I take on my next challenge.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

Having not owned a sunroof coupe until recently I have not paid a lot of attention to this topic... were these ever originally installed on sunroof coupes? I know my old 911 SC had one but I've never noticed one on an E9.

Thanks- Richard

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

Having not owned a sunroof coupe until recently I have not paid a lot of attention to this topic... were these ever originally installed on sunroof coupes? I know my old 911 SC had one but I've never noticed one on an E9.

Thanks- Richard

It's in the parts book but "not included in scope of delivery" so dealer installed.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen a few 2002's and E9's with them installed from "back in the day"
Golde made them and they were installed in BMWs, Porsches, Volvo's and some other cars.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice work Stan!
I disaembled the stuck sunroof on my Bavaria yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find a that its equipped with this exact wind deflector. But one of the 4 clips is broken, it’s one of the outer clips. Any chance of purchasing one of the outer clips somewhere?

John M

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice work Stan!
I disaembled the stuck sunroof on my Bavaria yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find a that its equipped with this exact wind deflector. But one of the 4 clips is broken, it’s one of the outer clips. Any chance of purchasing one of the outer clips somewhere?

John M
The white plastic guide or the chromed pot-metal hinged piece?
I have both but the hinge is machined billet aluminum now.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
737F9BA6-1EDC-452D-A361-0E42B98203BD.jpeg

Stan,

I’ve circled the piece that is broken on my deflector.
Any available?

John

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
October 19, 2018
I just received part needed for 5 complete pop-up wind deflector kits!
Still at $400.00 plus shipping (which is usually about $10.00 in the continental USA)

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, you can buy one of these great 'new reproduction' ones from Stan (bought one last winter - fits and functions perfectly), OR you can buy a used original one (maybe has a Golde logo or something) on eBay for - $1,000. Saw it today!

IF you have a sunroof, this is great kit to add to the car.

Gary-

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, you can buy one of these great 'new reproduction' ones from Stan (bought one last winter - fits and functions perfectly), OR you can buy a used original one (maybe has a Golde logo or something) on eBay for - $1,000. Saw it today!

IF you have a sunroof, this is great kit to add to the car.

Gary-
The original does not have "Golde" or any other identifying marks on the wind deflector parts. Just in the base, which is already part of a sunroof car.
The OEM had chromed pot metal hinges. My reproduction has CNC machined billet aluminum hinges. The rest of the parts are as exact a replica as could be done.