SOLD FS: One only NOS&Renewed 3.0cs Zenith inat 35/40 carburettor #1255950

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just want the warm soft glycerine bath.

Chris, can you explain the funtion of the fuel bowl vent? Was the carb changed in design to require one? I ask because I had one carb with and one without a vent on my supposedly one owner, total stock E3. Because of the stripped center bolt for the air cleaner, I swapped out the stage with no vent for one with a vent. After the initial shotting gas 3 feet in the air, I dialed it in and it ran fine with the rest of the carb being from the old, no vent original.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Only the earliest Zeniths lacked a vent, I think it was to let excess fuel from the fuel bowl exit to the carb throat if the float valve failed. That’s my guess at least. The Blue Book lists at least seven different carbs and each had a metal tag attached to them.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonder if they mixed vents with no vents on an individual car. I have receipts from my one owner E3, no record of carb change.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I doubt that

958090CB-6CCF-4C25-8B2F-AD367DAFE379.jpeg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just want the warm soft glycerine bath.

Chris, can you explain the funtion of the fuel bowl vent? Was the carb changed in design to require one? I ask because I had one carb with and one without a vent on my supposedly one owner, total stock E3. Because of the stripped center bolt for the air cleaner, I swapped out the stage with no vent for one with a vent. After the initial shotting gas 3 feet in the air, I dialed it in and it ran fine with the rest of the carb being from the old, no vent original.

my 1971 carbs do not have the vented tower, they work flawlessly, so there is no need of it

there is a manual about these carbs published by bmw usa that says to swap and fit vented towers, it is not only the vent tower what you need, but, you must drill a hole in the upper body and use another type of top gasket with an oval opening instead of a circular one in order to vent the chamber

odd if you gave with and without , but no problems whatsoever

regards

Last edited: