Further steering wheel question ( link )

Dave B

Reaction score

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those M-Tech wheels will fit IF they are the coarse-spline hub version from early e28's and pre-83 e24's. None of the ones from an e30 will fit; they all use fine spline hub. I have that wheel in my e12. They go for between $100 and $200 on US eBay depending on condition, so if you find a nice one for $100 or less that's a bargain. They are more plentiful in Europe, so you may find a better deal in Germany or the UK.

Tony

Malc

Reaction score
Hello Dave
Your pride and joy out and about?
Hope you got a laugh from the "bucket" pictures.

My E28 has that type of steering wheel, if you want to see it in the flesh and even try it I could always whip it off for you to go for a drive.
(Assuming it is the correct splines etc)
I'd like it back though!
Cheers
Malc

Dave B

Reaction score
Steering wheels

Hi Malc,

My version of DOB ( dear old bucket - could catch on! ) is out the garage and back on the road.

Got a few bits of tidying to do - expected I suppose 14 years on from a restoration! She is still solid underneath. Few annoying spots but maybe get them fixed this year.

I am still a bit in the doghouse over the 16" Alpinas I won on eBay. Didn't expect to get them. Put in a bid, went away for a weekend with the good lady, and returned to find I was the high bidder! They are not on the car yet.

Will be taxing her this Saturday ( insurance and MOT still current ) and may head northwards for a spin. I really fancy a slightly smaller, sportier steering wheel. That combined with the Alpinas will give her a more sporty look. Could always whip off the wheel and see how it looks!