Fuse Sticker

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of an Original fuse sticker, not a known replacement? Does it look just like this? It’s from Walloth.

A8A46F4E-7683-4181-B156-191CB0FA9756.jpeg

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

I have most of one that I think is original to the '74 on a drop door I replaced on my car. It is torn off from #7 on the left side with the Deutsche description at an angle so about the left half of #10 description on the English side is gone. Everything that is there is identical to the one you posted.

Gary

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

Looking very closely at my somewhat damaged one and the one you posted, I believe the font on mine is slightly smaller than that on the one you posted.

Gary

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one Sooner posted is quite different than my old one. Look at fuse # 6 and 7. In my old one at least, the 'Stoplight -------- turn signal' is in #6, below 'Windshield wiper and washer' not #7.

Also, in mine there seems to be more space after the 'back-up light:' than there is in several of these others that are posted. Suspect that is a result of what appears to be slightly smaller font.The amperage number and color is centered in mine as well.

Gary'

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I never actually read the small note before at the bottom saying there should be 4 spare fuses below the fuse box. I also noticed it appears that the fuse box in most of these pics are mounted vertically. Was that a year thing or US delivery not to be mounted horizontally?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's the one from my 72. Found it today stuck to my bulletin board.
Threw in the ruler so you would have a size. I believe it's original.
I bought a "new" one from W&N.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 474

Dave G

Reaction score
Great thread! For anyone else doing a bare-metal restoration or deep-dive, I've attached a scan of the wire color-code paper-board insert from the back-side of the fuse terminal housing block from a Jan 1969 2800CS manual trans Euro delivery Vin 2200561. Since it's on the back of the fuse housing, facing the engine bay, it's essentially a mirror image of the wire colors you will see from the front side, flip it over, left to right in your brain to get the colors to match what you will see from the front side : )
BMW-E9-1969-2800CS-Fuse-block-back-wire-color-insert-2.jpeg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone help me confirm the proper color to put in my fuse box? After my horn was not working and now my turn signal I went to look at the fuses and noticed a shit show after my car was just worked on a month or so ago. I think they were just guessing. I’m going to do some more digging but thought that if someone would just send me a picture of how it should be configured I’d appreciate it. Thanks much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 155

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just need to know what color refers to which number. I can’t read the numbers on the sides of the fuses. I have no idea why the auto shops fuck this up every time. Going to do some Internet searching and take care of this. Thanks everyone