gas prices

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
so when was the last time you saw this?
gas price - 3-30-2020.jpg

this was from today. okay, it was at Costco ... and regular was under 1.50. filled the macan s up for 28 bucks

Last edited:

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gas is cheaper today (in adjusted dollar value) that it was when I was in college back in the 1950's. Gas Price Wars then brought the price down to about 19 cents per gallon. Normal prices were in the mid-20's as I recall.

Cheap gas, but quarantined to the house and property. Don't really use much - ha.

Gary

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gas is cheaper today (in adjusted dollar value) that it was when I was in college back in the 1950's. Gas Price Wars then brought the price down to about 19 cents per gallon. Normal prices were in the mid-20's as I recall.

Cheap gas, but quarantined to the house and property. Don't really use much - ha.

Gary
1971. My first BMW, a 1600. Esso(Exon now) Extra(leaded, probably 96 octane) Price: 29.9

m_thompson

Reaction score
I filled my CS up with expensive gas just before I put it away for the winter, and have not driven it since. I filled my 128i up three weeks ago, and haven't driven it since. It will likely be a while before I can take advantage of the lower prices.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Canada upped the carbon tax 50% a couple of days ago on April 1st. Just in time to hit the folks we depends on the most in the wallet. Truckers and Farmers. I just read a praise of truckers on a tweet from the Transport Minister. Last year when they ran a convoy from West to East to protest the carbon tax, the government would not even meet them and denounced them as Racists. Ugh. Anyway, gas is still pretty cheap and the driving in Toronto is spectacularly open. Getting the bike on the road today and plan on lots of outings. I did notice that the driver attention and behavior is dismal, so will have to drive very proactively

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All that gas and no use for it. Reminds me of the twilight zone episode "The Top Van Winkle Affair" After successfully stealing a gold shipment, a group of criminals and their scientist accomplice put themselves in suspended animation in a remote desert cave. When they awaken decades later, complications ensue when their truck is destroyed. The ending line as the last criminal try to bride a guy with a gold brick "huh gold, since we learned to synthesize it, it is basically worthless"