General Overpricing on E9's?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never mind...

Wanted to get a feel for E9 CSL prices. A friend of mine has one for sale in the UK, and was thinking of buying it. But, there seem to be lots of current posts on the topic already, so never mind...

John

Last edited:

x_atlas0

Reaction score
CSLs are considered very different in terms of price compared to regular E9s, due to the extremely limited production and racing history.

E9Aus

Reaction score
RHD values

What about RHD CSi's? There were only 207 of them made! They didn't really have racing history I guess but by production numbers they are even rarer than CSL's! Also, there were only 215 RHD CSA's made. However, there were 500 RHD CSL's and 617 LHD CSL's made in total (if you include Bat's)

And I should know how hard a RHD CSi is to find, especially all the way over here in Australia. I have just had my heart broken for the 4th time in 4 months looking for a RHD 3.0 E9 having just paid for a full inspection on an E9 RHD CSi and suffice to say I had to say no to that one as well (amazing how rusted out it was after it was described as in "excellent condition" by the seller). That makes 2 in the UK and 2 in Aus I have paid to inspect only to find they were all shot!

The CS values in Australia seem to be in line with the US though, going up rapidly - and so they should! (If only they could wait a little longer until I find mine ;o)

The hunt continues!

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Rhd

In general, once you see what is out there you will find diminishing returns. Folks just don't have the time anymore to attempt projects of such formidable size like a full restoration, or even a partial... $45,000 USD may get you one very fine CSL Ebay right now ' city pack equipped e9 ' You either buy the look, or work for it, many will say that unless you have worked for it, it's just not quite as fun, some do it for a living! LHD in Australia now there's a novelty! Just how many E9 are left??? Anyone...? Expect to pay minimum for these cars now on a restore-able example $2500 - $3500 depending upon how complete $5000 seems to be going price for a good one, and most of them are still rotting quickly.... Consider the fore father car 1800 or 2000cs cars some may be worth more than the later E9's someday parts are almost unobtainum though, try to find clear un-tinted glass for these early cars anyone lately? Probably never to exceed a CSL car however you look at it.... New tinted glass all 8 windows for these cars is $1700-$2000 with no freight.... Good luck in your search, real nice LHD early e9 in Texas on Ebay now SUNROOF, and one in So Cal don't think it made reserve price even with all that rust on the rear window frame, but looks like some rust even on this one in Texas also, sad thing is they rust from the inside out in humid conditions, let alone dry storage car...