Glue for Window Top Trim

DavidPorter

Reaction score
:?: I caught my sleeve on the metal trim and pulled it right off. What type of glue would be suitable to stick it back on?

Thanks.

Malc

Reaction score
Assuming you mean the gutter rail around the roof?
The trim on the bucket was held on by a putty like substance. I believe its known as "dumb dumb" putty which you should be able to get at any good motor factors it's very good stuff usually

If you mean the chrome trim along the top of the window glass a little dabb of clear silicon sealer or contact glue should do the trick
Cheers
Malc

Honolulu

Reaction score
glue on trim

I thought the roof gutter rail was simply crimped on. I see no need to glue it on.

Ditto the trim along the top edge of the doors. Mine stays put just fine, but I know I can remove it using my hands if needed - but why would I?

Dum-dum, (also called frog shit) may be the same as florist's putty, a non-hardening glop. Also something much like it is used by electricians to seal a conduit. All are non-drying/non-hardening.

DavidPorter

Reaction score
It was the window glass trim, which was glued down by someone previously and doesn't look or feel crimped.

Thanks for the tips.

Malc

Reaction score
Re: glue on trim

Honolulu
I thought the roof gutter rail was simply crimped on. I see no need to glue it on.

Ditto the trim along the top edge of the doors. Mine stays put just fine, but I know I can remove it using my hands if needed - but why would I?
That's cause you live somewhere nice 8)
I suspect 'cause the DOB has been painted so many times in it's life that the trim has been..
on, off, on, off
put your left trim on
pull your right trim off
we'll do the hockey cokey............
Sorry .....I really should go to bed!
Cheers
Malc

corsachili

Reaction score
I just used some 3M weatherstrip adhesive if memory serves. It's one of the places on the car where the type of adhesive you use is not critical and it's better to use something which will allow you to remove the trim piece if necessary.