Google Streetview of Sunset Boulevard in 1974, no E9 yet :(

johanaxelson

Reaction score

I just found this very cool and have been clicking like an idiot to find an E9, seen a lot of very cool cars and two 2002, no E9 yet.

Find an E9 and I'll donate 10 bucks to the site :)

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow. I love looking at old photos of cities and towns. There's some really cool old videos on YouTube too.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Super cool.

VW>MB>>BMW=Opel in these pix.

Mercedes sold a lot of cars in LA back then.

After the second 2002, I spied the front end of a car with wires that looks like it could be an old Rolls Royce driving down Sunset.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lots of imports! I used to drive up there on weekends in my XK-150 and later in my 74 2002. I see lots of VW (bugs, vans, fast backs, square backs, KG), Mercs (fin tail, 600, W113, W111), Maser 3500GT and Indy/Khamsin?, plus Maverick, Pinto, Vega, Celica, Coronas, Z cars, Jag XK-140 fhc, Mark II and Mark VII, lots of Volvos, one Saab, Fiat 850, Audi, Opel, MGB, Sprite, Mazdas, Capri, and many others. More VW beetles than anything else it seems.

Last edited:

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Lots of imports! I used to drive up there on weekends in my XK-150 and later in my 74 2002. I see lots of VW (bugs, vans, fast backs, square backs, KG), Mercs (fin tail, 600, W113, W111), Maser 3500GT and Indy/Khamsin?, plus Maverick, Pinto, Vega, Celica, Coronas, Z cars, Jag XK-140 fhc, Mark II and Mark VII, lots of Volvos, one Saab, Fiat 850, Audi, Opel, MGB, Sprite, Mazdas, Capri, and many others. More VW beetles than anything else it seems.

Yeah, so much fun stuff and no E9?! I was amazed at the number of Rollses on the street and in the lots, but hey Hollywood. You saw the Maserati dealership?

Another fun thing are billboards for movies/albums/concerts

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sunset had lots of used car lots and Santa Monica Blvd had lots of British, German and Italian repair shops. I would cruise up there regularly as I lived near LAX. And Vilem B Haan was near Century City and had lots on motoring accessories.
F9BA6CA7-6F45-4009-9A41-DB31A72A2330.jpeg

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Addicting!

I just found this very cool and have been clicking like an idiot to find an E9, seen a lot of very cool cars and two 2002, no E9 yet.

Find an E9 and I'll donate 10 bucks to the site :)

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
That was fun! Cannot help but mention, in addition to all the cool and exotic examples noted above, I was struck by the number of "station wagons" along the drive. I mean they ruled for many many years. Kinda partial, my first car was an Austin Mini Countryman. Never got that out of my system. Then. I noticed was the Lambo 400GT. Man, came this close to acquiring one in Florida many years ago. Nice trip down the automobile enthusiast memory lane. Thanks for posting! :cool:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here’s a Bav:

default.jpg

more than a few 02s. Ford econolines abound.
my favorite so far:

default.jpg