Got keyed / sad moment

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Someone keyed my car, taking me from charming patina to abused looking. My paint is very old and unimpressive in every way. Life is full of mysterious things and this is certainly is one. I have parked there at Wells Fargo fairly often for years now.

Attachments

• 20211016_102900.jpg
    20211016_102900.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 20211016_102830.jpg
    20211016_102830.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 20211016_102908.jpg
    20211016_102908.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 20211016_102914.jpg
    20211016_102914.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 20211016_102918.jpg
    20211016_102918.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 20211016_102922.jpg
    20211016_102922.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20211016_102946.jpg
    20211016_102946.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20211016_102952.jpg
    20211016_102952.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 206

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am so sorry that happened to your car. It is wrong on so many planes. But I am surprised all my enemies and the errant crazies don’t do this to me more often. We leave ourselves out there every time we park and walk away from what is obviously a source of so much happiness.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
I’d love to catch someone doing this to my car, or any car for that matter. A nice whack to the hand with a baseball bat might cure their cowardly act from happening again. The low and ignorant will always be with us unfortunately. I’m surprised your post has such composure. You will certainly find sympathy here. I’m very sorry you’ve suffered vandalism

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with people?
We have a lot of unappreciative, self centered, ungrateful, jealous,envious,un-thankful,angry,rebellious,degenerate,
having seared consciences,and reprobate minds……that’s why

idiots need beat

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So sad and so infuriating! This should never happen to ANY vehicle or property, but I can't help but be further incensed when it happens in a way that is so obviously malicious to a car that is beautifully maintained and well loved.

Gotta believe that Karma is going to kick some ass one day.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was not far away and heard someone yelling at at someone else, but didn't think too much about it. I looked out a minute later, I could see Bianka, but couldn't see what happened from where I was. Probably best that I did not see it happen. I suspect someone saw it happen and maybe stopped the person from doing more damage?
Good people are still out there !
Not going to let it stop me from enjoying my car! I am living my life. Gotta put a little style out there in this world of cookie cutter cars.
All that said... Poison begets Poison and I better not catch them in the act:mad:

Ever forward ! Thanks for all the kind and understanding words!

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a shame.

You have a great attitude about what sounds like it might have been a conflict between some individuals unrelated to you or your car. There are good people and bad people wherever you go and a selection of potentially mentally ill folks usually available for a dash of unpredictability.

Good for you that you're not letting a setback diminish your enjoyment of the experience of your car. - Fantastic looking interior with the red BTW.

Keep the insurance coverage current folks.

BikeRider

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do the scratches on the door look a bit random and inconsistent to be "deliberately keyed"?...maybe two people where fighting - someone was thrown against your car and something like a purse, belt buckle or something in someone's pocket scratched the car...I could be wrong. If not, it's still wrong. Just a thought since you mentioned someone was yelling...anyway...beautiful car...sorry for the bad luck.

Wladek

Reaction score
Little people, normally they wouldn't even say a single word in front of you because they're so little shit;

Sorry for your car:(

Couple years back my daily driver also was keyed from front to the rear end & the worst thing is that you don't even know what was that all about?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The bank will have cameras most likely and people have routines.
Terrible! It is so violating to come back to the car and find this. Sorry it had to happen to you.

My Tesla came with Sentry Mode. When in "Park", 4 cameras are constantly recording what is happening around the car. In my latest software update last week (2021.36.8) the video is now viewable real time on my phone, plus you can communicate through the Pedestrian Warning System (that should scare the hell out of anybody :oops:). My guess is that more new cars will have this feature and there will probably be aftermarket systems. Sad it has to come to this. Not that it will stop this kind of activity, but the more cars that are equipped this way, the more that vandals and thieves will think twice.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oy, painful. I've had to drive the M Roadster I bought 23 years ago to work on occassion since i'm not taking public transport at the moment. Someone backed up in the parking garage and took out the door. And of course took off and no security cameras in that area. At least that was accidental. This is nonsensical.