Hagerty Ins.... Can you swap vehicles during the year

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
So let's say you had a coupe and a sedan and you wanted to drive the coupe during the summer months and the sedan in the winter. Does anyone know if Hagerty allows you to swap back and worth with one insurance policy? Pay the higher premium but have the ease of changing back and worth.

Seems like the values might be a problem, not sure. I got on their site but the chat wasn't active.

Dan

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I dont think you can do a direct swap. Here in Ma I had policies on each car, different values set etc. I would just put one on hold while I drove the other and vice-versa. Now in Ma you cannot put policies on hold, you need to terminate the policy, turn in the plates and redo everything at the other end, ie I stopped doing it.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have Hagerty for multiple vehicles, the premiums are so reasonable (none get driven more than 3-4000 miles a year) that I just keep 'em covered year round. Wh not call and ask them about what youwant to do,they're very helpful (have used them for a good 25 years now)

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In PA, I can just suspend all coverage except the comprehensive coverage. Since the policy is still in effect, the insurance company doesn't notify the state, and I don't have to do anything regarding license etc. Of course, that car is not covered for anything if it is moving! Also, with my insurance company, I can not return to full coverage for at least 30 days. I always suspend the coverage on my SL55 AMG from ~ Jan 1 to early April. Saves a few hundred $$ each year.

Gary