Hardy and Beck headers SOLD

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello! I have a set of Hardy and Beck headers for E3, E9, E12 and pre 9/82 E24. These have been in storage for many years and I finally unwrapped them just to take these photos.

Sold

Thanks for looking!!!
9BD77F9A-3F28-4D42-B793-9D29B64063E7.jpeg
02B409C6-BAA0-4222-993C-F2459A36AD11.jpeg
6ABADA15-FFE5-4C14-93B9-DDC49C6DA353.jpeg
B1BEB216-5C48-4FCD-8B2E-192F98B26166.jpeg
3DCE959B-D87D-44AB-8393-D5F18AF8DFD2.jpeg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool!

They must of had Stahl make these. They are identical to Stahls down to the tag, except the H&B company name. I recommend that you measure the diameter of the primaries, as Stahl offered them in 3 sizes. Not sure what H&B went with.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oops. These are 1.5” primaries. I think the biggest of the three sizes IIRC. They are made by Stahl which is stamped on the flanges. Little heavier gauge pipe than the standard Stahl offerings, so a real premium feel. :D

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool!

They must of had Stahl make these. They are identical to Stahls down to the tag, except the H&B company name. I recommend that you measure the diameter of the primaries, as Stahl offered them in 3 sizes. Not sure what H&B went with.
So does this mean that my set of Stahl headers would have an asking price of $1,000? Is the Stahl tag in a similar location?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
So does this mean that my set of Stahl headers would have an asking price of $1,000? Is the Stahl tag in a similar location?

Used Stahl heads in this shape go for less, but not far off. The tag is in the same location. There is value in the hardy and beck tag. Just like an Alpina steering wheel is just a momo prototipi with an engraved logo.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool headers! I have Stahl headers in my coupe that look the same. Didn't realize they brought so much money but what doesn't cost a fortune now when it comes to any of this vintage stuff.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was going to put them on a head for photos but was losing light and the head I could most easily get to was missing half the exhaust studs.

Offers on the headers are welcome. I priced them based on what I’ve seen Stahl headers sell for that need work and added what I felt was a reasonable value add for the Hardy and Beck provenance.