Hazet Assistent

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Hazet Assistent was a popular item among coupe owners. There is quite a following of this rolling tool caddy. There is even a FaceBook page. I found one on eBay not too far away in San Antonio for a fairly reasonable price. I cleaned it up a bit and repainted the top shelf. Adding some black drawer liners to the trays make it look a bit more respectable. It has some paint overspray, but I'll call that patina.

They are well made and just the thing I needed to assist me in the garage. Mine was made in the mid 70's and is stamped made in W. Germany and thus is contemporary with my car. Porsche shops could buy them in red, but most of of them are blue. Here in the US, new ones are pricey at around $1000 depending on origin and shipping.

Ian

Attachments

• HA-loaded-&-Ready-IMG_6161.jpg
    HA-loaded-&-Ready-IMG_6161.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Made-in-W.-Germany-IMG_6152.jpg
    Made-in-W.-Germany-IMG_6152.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Lower-tub-IMG_6149.jpg
    Lower-tub-IMG_6149.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 191

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember my mechanic in Pittsburgh having the same one, he loves it. I was thinking of buying the Griot's version. Wish it was made is stainless.

stphers

Reaction score
tool box

This is a common tool box in Germany, it is not like here where mechanics ability is measured by the size of their box ( sic ) A lot of the bigger tools are supplied by whomever you work for and the smaller hand tools are what each individual needs. They actually carry quite a bit, worked with mechanics who used just these.

Thanks, Rick